Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad football season

• 18-05-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else feel that this season hasn't been as good as previous seasons? I just found that I got bored with it all around the January transfer window even though there was alot to play for from all sides at that stage. A few people I know felt the same. Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭JCos

As a Liverpool supporter I'd say it was the best season in a long time. It felt weird still be in the title hunt past October for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I actually thought it was a terrific season. Some of the matches were out of this world. Definitely exceeded my expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

As a United fan it was great, but I would imagine lots of ABU's being a bit peed of by it. Still you could say that about the last 3 seasons or 11 of the last 17 or if you dislike the Big 3 and Blackburn the whole Premiership experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

patmac wrote: »
    ... I would imagine lots of ABU's being a bit peed of by it. Still you could say that about the last 3 seasons or 11 of the last 17 or if you dislike the Big 3 and Blackburn the whole Premiership experience!
    That about sums it up. Great football in spots, but over the season the competition is a ritual procession. Great if you worship at the altar of ManU, but hardly a sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought it was interesting and quite tense at times - all the top clubs stuttered at various points only Arsenal were not really ever in the race, Villa looked like nicking forth for a long while, Hull shocked then fell back to earth, City didn't move on much, Spurs were awful then decent, Big Phil turned out to be useless, Fulham went from presumed relagation fodder to one win short of Eueopea League (which they may get this Sunday).
    Wolves got promoted as Champions. It was a good enough season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya the Premiership was Man Utd's to lose around the end of March with Utd always having that game in hand. The top 4 was wrapped up a little bit later than that. Utd getting the trophy last Sat had a kind of anti-climax feeling to it. That said Newcastle are giving us something to watch entering the final day this Sunday.

Aside from the PL, this season is saving the best till last with a mouth-watering CL final at the end of May. Barcelona are winning a lot of new fans with their brand of total football and the final will decide who is the best team in Europe. Barcelona have been a breath of fresh air this year with their all-out attack mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Great season I thought, purely because of scorelines like these
    Arsenal 4-4 Spurs, Chelsea 4-4 Pool, Pool 4-4 Arsenal, United 5-2 Spurs, United 4-3 Hull, Portsmouth 2-3 Pool, Man City 2-3 Pool, Chelsea 4-3 Bolton.....jesus I could go on and on, some great games there, theres probably a good few I cant think of right now too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

It was brilliant Liverpool being in the title chase in may. Brilliant season and thats without any silver ware. Some great games. Looking forward to next August already (not to mention the transfer shananigans during the summer :pac: )

It slipped my mind....MAN UNITED 1-4 LIVERPOOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

As a Liverpool fan it was a good experience. Long overdue.

The mid to end table battle was mad for a while. Teams were moving up and down so often.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As a neutral I thought it was quite good, mainly Liverpool actually challenging, Villa's challenge for 4th, Hull's change in fortune and Newcastle/Tottenham fighting against relegation.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Its only like 10 games in, wouldn't be too quick to judge it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

it was a season that promised so much, but came to little in the end. kinda petered out by march. Pool's challenge was a bright spark, but Benitez's ****etalk towards the end of the season turned me off them.

all in all a poor season i felt, mainly because Arsenal were consistently average though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I thought it was a great season.
    'Arry moved back to London!:D
    (Had been S*** up until then though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It was interesting to see Liverpool launch a genuine title challenge, while the relegation battle was enthralling. Up until very recently teams in the top half of teh table wre in danger of relegation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I can't wait for next season!

Thats how great this season was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If anything it was a normal season for us.

Normal in the sense that we're just so damn unpredictable. And we once again duly delivered.

Advertisement