Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding Issue

Options
  • 18-05-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I need to reset a netopia router and forward ports - no problem with this in principal - as have done it before.

Just one thing I want to make sure of...
    This is in a house where broadband is received via Eircom Wireless or FWA (ie not dsl). A cable runs in from the antenna to a box on the wall ...which in turn has the wireless router connected to it.

If I reset the router, do I need a broadband login & password also? (the owner won't know and I want to try not having to deal with eircom tech support as much as possible).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

More than likely there are no passwords as passwords and users names take up valuable tech support time and helpdesks and its a useless security measure anyways..

Your eurcom set to box is completely seperate, resetting the wireless means nothing. At most the eircom box is forwarding traffic but more than likely the netopia is just plugged into a 10/100 port on the back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 libertas

I've got the BB user/pass off them. It seems they didn't keep track of router user/passes or use defaults at the time so will have to reset it.

@FusionNet: Tech support were leading me to believe that I need to port forward only on the Netopia. You think this will be necessary on the big wall mounted FWA box also(sorry, not my house and not there right now so not sure what exactly this is for kit as have never really looked at it)??

Advertisement