Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a sniper help

Options
  • 18-05-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Was looking to treat myself to a sniper rifle and the more sites i look at the more i dont know what to buy.The ones that caught my eye were
    KJ M700 (Police Model)
    Tokyo Marui VSR-10 G-SPEC

Ive looked up loads of reviews and stuff and both seem to be reall good with the only difference been the kj been gas powered.

Anyone have any ideas on what to buy as id like sometime with a bit of power and be able to get a few extra upgrades and i get money

Ive noticed that the Well L96 and Well AWM APS are way cheaper but the specs look good too

Any help would be great as iam dying to get down to some targets.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

The TM VSR 10 G-spec is the absolute dogs b****x of airsoft snipers

EDIT: (thats good btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Well L96 ;) you won't be let down by it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Theres about 50 threads asking what sniper rifle to get and the answer is always the same VSR-10 and if your going cheap BAR-10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

Had a discussion about this last week at skirmish.But is it worth going sniper in Ireland.Most if not all sniper rifles have in and around the same fps as regular AEG's.They look great+are more accurate and I love my m14 which I recomend as you get semi and auto fire capability.If only I could use a more powerful version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Well don't get a gas rifle in Ireland. Due to our awful climate, gas freezes very quickly. I was at a skirmish where a guy pulled out a 400 quid maruzen sniper, took three shots and the gas froze. Personally, I would go for the VSR 10 G-Spec. Very quiet, very accurate and very easy to get parts for should you want to upgrade it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Newbie to airsoft, question:- I'm looking to buy a sniper rifle one on offer is the ssg Hopuptype are these any good? and where can i find more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Hey joker, they may not be the best looking sniper but the jing gong bar ten is the best bugdet sniper out there.

It has a great illuminated scope, good silencer and easy to use.
    They look great sprayed up, and carry the same parts as the vsr 10.
    So upgraded parts like hopup and barrels are widley available.

Google it, see if the Irish retailers have it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Cheers skapegoat

What about the Steyr SSG sniper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Its ok, but in my experience it feels cheaper and fps seems to differ greatly between some ssg's to others ssg's?
    You could be lucky and get a 310fps, or 190fps obviously if you get one above a jule get it downgraded by the shop.

In the long run the jg bar 10 is the best buy.
    Unless you have money comming out your ears and like the vsr10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

There are two SGGs.... the aps2.... only good one? the SV imo... also pricy...
    the DE sgg... a pile of crap...

JG bar 10... good at the lower fps...
    warrior l96... good but better at above irish fps
    agm l96... avoid... its a mp001 with a new frock..

• Advertisement
Advertisement