Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Lost Sheep Triathlon Kenmare (mod note,post 29)

• 18-05-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see that The Lost Sheep Triathlon Kenmare opened yesterday. Did anyone sign up for it?

I did not realise it was opening until after I got up and had a missed call and a text message from a mate letting me it had opened. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but I signed up! :eek: I wish I had read this part before I signed up "83km cycle which takes competitors over two category one climbs on the Healy and Caha passes" :eek: Lots of fun to look forward to....:D There are 4 of us doing it, with a couple more thinking of doing it, so it should be a good weekend.

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 12 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    33%
    big mceRedBKentuckyPetetripledaz 4 votes
    3 stars (average)
    33%
    Macanriblind_hurlern-dawglevitronix 4 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    33%
    kruger73tyler71louiederFortyfoot 4 votes
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

pgibbo wrote: »
    I see that The Lost Sheep Triathlon Kenmare opened yesterday. Did anyone sign up for it?

I did not realise it was opening until after I got up and had a missed call and a text message from a mate letting me it had opened. I don't know if it's a good thing or not but I signed up! :eek: I wish I had read this part before I signed up "83km cycle which takes competitors over two category one climbs on the Healy and Caha passes" :eek: Lots of fun to look forward to....:D There are 4 of us doing it, with a couple more thinking of doing it, so it should be a good weekend.

To be honest the Kenmare bike course isn't tough. While there are two climbs - you'll only notice one of them - don't underestimate the benefits of the recovery on the descents. Its a grand race, good fun and not as tough as people would have you believe. (Assuming proper preparations)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

tunney wrote: »
    To be honest the Kenmare bike course isn't tough. While there are two climbs - you'll only notice one of them - don't underestimate the benefits of the recovery on the descents. Its a grand race, good fun and not as tough as people would have you believe. (Assuming proper preparations)

Cheers tunney. Love the caveat!!! :)

Starting to get more time on the bike of late and plan to keep that going. Just need to review my training plan and figure out how to incorporate the Lost Sheep 7 weeks after Carna.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Signed up yesterday morning from our rented accommodation in Valencia after the sprint tri there. Looking forward to it and the training already....

A friend is looking for an entry for this event. If anyone knows of going a begging then I have a taker. Cheers. :)

This event does allow transfers up to July 31st as can be seen here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ZZJ

tunney wrote: »

Was down in Kenmare at the weekend and had the bike and a free pass from the kids, so I went for a spin around the cycle course, was not pushing it, but at the same time did not stop, took about me about 3 hours, just wondering which climb was I not ment to notice :D Weather was glorious when I set off, terrible from the top of the Healy pass untill I goto Glengarriff, then cleared up again over the Caha pass. Good cycle though.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some accomodation in the area for this event? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭ZZJ

pgibbo wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can recommend some accomodation in the area for this event? Cheers.

I have stayed in the Kenmare bay hotel and their holiday homes and they were nice and pretty good value, 15 min walk into the centre of Kenmare, and I'm sure with the way the hotel trade is going there will be some deals for september.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Patrick Collins

Hi,

I am looking for a place in the LOST SHEEP ... sadly I missed the entry cut off.

Cork Tri site says they will swap places if 2 parties are willing to do so.

BUT people need to organise this themselves as they won't act as a 'matchmaker'.

So if you know of anyone who can't do it due to illness, injury, change of plans etc please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Patrick Collins
    Cork

Hi,

I am looking for a place in the LOST SHEEP ... sadly I missed the entry cut off.

Cork Tri site says they will swap places if 2 parties are willing to do so.

BUT people need to organise this themselves as they won't act as a 'matchmaker'.

So if you know of anyone who can't do it due to illness, injury, change of plans etc please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Patrick Collins - Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Hi does anyone have an elevation chart for this cycle or an idea of the meters climed?

I heard the run is also quite difficult with rolling hills for the entire. Is this the case?

Cheers

Potsy

• Advertisement

Hi, I've not raced it yet BUT I have trained on the course and the cycle is hilly ... TWO main climbs ... I personally found the 2nd tougher as it goes on for ages. Not sure if there are 'map my route' type thingies on the CorkTri.com site's info ??? GOOD LUCK, PC :)

potsy11 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have an elevation chart for this cycle or an idea of the meters climed?

I heard the run is also quite difficult with rolling hills for the entire. Is this the case?

Cheers

Potsy

Two "climbs" nothing too big but be careful on the descents. The run is basically flat with a lump or two but I would describe it as flat.

Its the descents on the bike that you need to be careful on - but in terms of wiping out and losing time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Did you contact pgibbo, upthread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Thats last years race Raycun........pgibbo crawled to a 1.39 half marathon down there in 09....a shameful time for a nice warm up beforehand :D

catweazle wrote: »
    Thats last years race Raycun........pgibbo crawled to a 1.39 half marathon down there in 09....a shameful time for a nice warm up beforehand :D

Roll on Swinford my good man!!!! I'll abstain from comments until you complete it... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

doh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mackerdmc

Hi,

I'm looking for a spot for the Lost Sheep Half Ironman, I know it's a bit late but only just heard that posting here might get a result! I've been looking for 2 months and no luck. I'm a member of CorKTri, my name is David, <mod snip>. Transfers allowed until the 20th of August.

Thanks,
    Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cbisto

Hi, are you still interested in a place for this? I have a place and have decided not to take part, contact me by pm, Christine

Hi, I registered for this but wont be using my place, if interested contact me <mod snip> by pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mackerdmc

Hi,

Thanks for the response but I have managed to get a spot - thanks again for contacting me.

regards,
    Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Thinking about bailing on this one. If you're looking for an entry PM me.

(For mods -- transfers allowed up to August 20th http://www.corktri.com/kenmare-lost-sheep-triathlon/)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bluebilly32

Anybody thinking of not doing the lost sheep and has a place thats vacant I'd be delighted to take it off your hands. Please contact asap. bwaters32@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bluebilly32

Hi, I'm looking for a place for the lost sheep. pm me. Cheers Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tripledaz

4 stars (good)
    Hiya, Thanks I got one, try putting it up on the Cork tri forum. Plenty still looking for places there.

Hi, I have found a taker for my place, thanks to all who contacted me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amaguire

I'm looking for a slot for the Lost Sheep Triathlon. Anyone selling their spot? If so, pm me. Thanks, Anthony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

I also have a place for this that I think will be wasted on me this year.

Any takers pm me
    Aodh

place gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mac1974

My place is available now aswell. Contact me by pm. Aidan

I have a place for this that I think will be wasted on me this year.

Any takers pm me
    Aodh

Place Gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

The run is not flat, it is constantly undulating, really throws you in terms of your rhythm. You said the same thing last year Tunney when I asked for advice. Trust me it is not flat

The run is not flat, it is constantly undulating, really throws you in terms of your rhythm. You said the same thing last year Tunney when I asked for advice. Trust me it is not flat

?????
    How did I end up in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 darrenoconaill

Can't make Kenmare this year so have a place up for grabs. If anyone is interested drop me a line : darrenoconaill@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 leinster_rover

I also have an place for the lost sheep available, pm me or contact me at kildare_tech@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

<Mod note> Hi guys if looking for or swapping numbers can you do it by private messages or emails, please do not put up your private mobile number on a public forum.<Mod note>

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mac1974

l also have a space available for the lost sheep, contact me on aidanpmccarthy@gmail.comSorry place gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 horansjam

email me on horansjam@yahoo.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 horansjam

email me on horansjam@yahoo.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

<mod> just merging the various lost sheep numbers threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pmurling

Has anyone a lost sheep tri place they're not using. I know this is late but if there is one out there i need it for tomorrow 20th aug 2010. Regards, Paul
    email: pmurling@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Deirdrel

Hi if anyone has a place for kenmare 2010, pls let me know, michael.loughran3@btopenworld.com
    thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

I also have a slot to give away, been sick for the last 3 weeks and wont make it down.

Anyone interested can contact me, PM or at billy(dot)fish(at)gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Deirdrel

Hi Billy
    Is your slot still available for kenmare? I will take it off your hands, how much are you looking for the slot? It will be a great end of season race for me. You can contact me on above email address (during work hours), or Michael.loughran3@btopenworld.com (after work/weekend)

Regards
    Deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

anybody else unable to attend?..let me know please.

@bgrove,
    I think transfers are closed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Closed indeed, infact i may do this now!

Anyone offering a lift to Kenmare :D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

let me know regardless

<bgrove banned for a week for seeking race transfers after its been pointed out they are closed. Please read the charter>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

3 stars (average)
    oh this is getting close....

Getting nervous now.... Hope we get some dry weather as I wouldn't really like the decent from the Healy Pass in the wet!! But sure I guess we will get what we get and
    enjoy it as best we can :-)

My aim is still just to cross the line I don't mind being last sure someone has to be!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

3 stars (average)
    See you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

4 stars (good)
    But sure I guess we will get what we get and
    enjoy it as best we can :-)

My aim is still just to cross the line I don't mind being last sure someone has to be!! :D

I'll be joining you in the 'just cross the line' category but pushing hard to avoid being last. However my lack of proper training may dictate otherwise. Enjoyment will be the name of the game in my book anyway! :)

I've to work in Dublin on Friday so I'm getting the 3pm train from Heuston into Killarney at 6:30pm and a buddy from Limerick is picking me up there with my bike, gear, etc. I'm starting to get a bit paranoid about the train and the possibility of it breaking down and missing registration.

What time are people generally hitting the road from Dublin at? If anyone has a spare car seat available I wouldn't mind hearing about it purely as a backup :o

I'm staying in the Kenmare Bay Hotel in case anyone else is there too and wants to say hi. Also getting paranoid about the early start and getting porridge on board at 5am ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

3 stars (average)
    RedB wrote: »
    I'll be joining you in the 'just cross the line' category but pushing hard to avoid being last. However my lack of proper training may dictate otherwise. Enjoyment will be the name of the game in my book anyway! :)

I've to work in Dublin on Friday so I'm getting the 3pm train from Heuston into Killarney at 6:30pm and a buddy from Limerick is picking me up there with my bike, gear, etc. I'm starting to get a bit paranoid about the train and the possibility of it breaking down and missing registration.

What time are people generally hitting the road from Dublin at? If anyone has a spare car seat available I wouldn't mind hearing about it purely as a backup :o

I'm staying in the Kenmare Bay Hotel in case anyone else is there too and wants to say hi. Also getting paranoid about the early start and getting porridge on board at 5am ish.

So it'll be a race for 2nd last place between us... :p

I'll be heading across from Cork and plan to get to registration for 8pm.

The thought of porridge at that time of the morning is not pleasant but has to be done..

• Advertisement
Advertisement