Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does UCD keep a hold of our records?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not UCD keeps a hold of our records from our time at the university after we have moved on from the college?

In other words, the essays we submitted to the college and so on during our time here, are these kept on file?

I submitted some essays to the college a few weeks back as part of my summer exams and we were told not to expect to get them back. I don't necessarily want them back either but I'm wondering what happens to them after they get corrected?

I don't suppose they get stored in some enormous warehouse facility like in the ending to Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I think all papers are held until after you graduate due to in case you wish to appeal something and for the external examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

As far as I know, they have to keep essays for thirteen months and then they are shredded.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

I heard that they're kept on file in a warehouse in Athlone for three years and then incinerated. Not sure how true that is but thats what I heard anyway, gives you time to appeal results even if you take time out and stuff apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Athlone may be Leaving cert or something, UCD keeps stuff for one year + one month as above. You can only appeal in the months after an exam, not years later.

Advertisement