Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of season awards 08/09

• 18-05-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Nearly there so might as well get the grey matter trawling through the memory banks, I'm sure theres a truckload more to add but heres a few starters for ten ....

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to -

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to -

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Marouane Fellaini

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Dossena

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - David Bentley

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Darren Bent

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Macheda v Villa

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool v Chelsea CL semi 2nd leg or Liverpool v Arsenal 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - James McCarthy

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Sizzler wrote: »
    Vidic.
    too many tbh. Eboue, Dossena i guess are the big two.
    Ade. and the young one at Spurs, dos Santos. he looked like he was the real deal for a (very) short period at Barca.
    Bentley. really looked average when he played this year.
    Mancheda i guess.
    Liverpool 4 - Arsenal 4. Bad game of football, but it was exciting.
    Vela. Hopefully the gunners will cash in on at least one of Ade/RVP and he'll be given more game time.
    Pulis, without a doubt. Worst premiership squad in a long time, to stay up was a magnificent achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Essien (always Essien)

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - not sure

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Nani :o

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Jo

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Ronaldo v Porto. In the League Welbeck v Stoke (a league debut bow).

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool 4 -4 Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Rafael, Kiko, Insua, Vela, who knows.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hogson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Stephen Ireland

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Andy O'Brien

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Deco

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Andy Johnson

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Ronaldo( 3rd goal V V Arsenal Champs League)

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool v Chelsea CL semi 2nd leg or Liverpool v Arsenal 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Danny Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - dani alves

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - afonso alves

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - kevin nolan

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - dossena

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - glen johnson (left foot volley against i can't remember who)

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - chelsea 4-4 pool (chapions league quarters 2nd leg)

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - iv a sneaky feeling everton might do even better next season; the '`big 4' better be on their game.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - tony pulis. got them playing an effective brand of football, and the beattie signing was inspired.

good thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Ricardo Carvalho/Michael Essien/Fernando Torres

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Zat Knight

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - David Bentley

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Robbie Keane

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Simon Cox after 10 seconds in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtM8Zh1DQzc

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Manchester City 6–0 Portsmouth (21 September 2008)

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Nedum Onouha - will be capped by England.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Tony Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Probably Vidic or Essien.

Nani

Adebayor, been a bit shít this season.

Definitely Bentley.

Macheda

Maybe Liverpool 4-4 Arse, Spurs 4-4 Arse, or United 3-2 Villa

Um no idea. I'll stab a guess that Malouda will be somewhat decent next year.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to

Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Wayne Rooney

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -Blank

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -Jason Koumas

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -Dave Kitson

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -Cousin vs Arsenal

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Arsenal 4-4 'Pool

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Keith Fahey

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgeson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Vidic

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Joey Barton (he should be in prison :P)

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Robbie Keane (at Liverpool)

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Dimitar Berbatov

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Danny Wellbeck when he scored that belter against Stoke i believe it was.

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool 4 -4 arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Arshavin well if it has to be a youngster I'll say Carlos Vela

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - David Moyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Schwarzer

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Deco

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Quaresma

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Dossena

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Grafite vs. Wolfsburg vs. Bayern

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool v Chelsea CL semi 2nd leg

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Florent Malouda

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Pulis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Wayne Rooney

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - the whole Middlesbrough team bar Downing.

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Dimitar Berbatov

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Craig Bellamy

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Vela

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Vidic

Xisco

David Bentley

David Bentley

Wellbeck

Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal

Gael Givet(Blackburn) He came to us in January and he has been our best player since.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to

Still to be decided and Hodsgon has to be in the running. I say Alex Ferguson if United win the Champion's League. I think Harry Redknapp has done a fantastic job at Spurs. I think I'd give it to Redknapp if Barca beat United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Carlos Tevez

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Lucas Levia/Ryan Babel/Heurelio Gomes

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Ryan Babel

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Dave Kitson

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Carlos Tevez V Wigan

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Chelsea v Liverpool Champions League semi final 2nd leg/ Liverpool v Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Dirk Kuyt/ Arshavin

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -Roy Hodgson/Harry Redknapp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Anelka or Arshavin

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -i don't know

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -Nani

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -Craig Bellamy is an excellent shout

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -Fernando Torres versus Blackburn springs straight to mind

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -Liverpool-Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to -Insua/Rafael was a good shout

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -Hodgson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nearly there so might as well get the grey matter trawling through the memory banks, I'm sure theres a truckload more to add but heres a few starters for ten ....

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Micheal Essien

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Rory Delap

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Robbie Keane
    4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - David Bentley

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Kiko Macheda

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Manchester United V Villa

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Kiko Macheda/Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Gerrard

Barton

Bentley

Bentley

Macheda vs Villa

Arsenal vs Spurs 4-4 or Liverpool vs Arsenal 4-4.

Vela

David Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Torres

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Barton

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Nani/Berbatov

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Bently

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - macheda vs Villa/Ronaldo vs Porto

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool vs Arsenal - 4-4, obvioulsy

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Kiko Macheda

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Carlos Tevez

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Shola Ameobi

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Amr Zaki

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - "The stroller" (Berbatov)

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Geovanni's goal against Arsenal.

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Non existent :) But probably the Arsenal and Liverpool match that ended up 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Macheda. I know he played a few games this season but if he keeps that up he'll be a quality player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Gerrard, Rooney

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Bentley

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Berbatov, Keane
    4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Berbatov, Keane

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - to may good ones
    6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool v Chelski, Liv v Ars
    7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Vela, Wellbeck, Insua

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -[/QUOTE] Hodgson, Pulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Vidic (WBA)

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Surely this should just be renamed the Titus Bramble Award.

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Keane at Liverpool. All Rafas fault IMO.

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Alfonso Alves

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Ronaldo the other week from miles out.

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Chelsea v Liverpool 2nd leg CL Qtr Final

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - As much as it pains me to say it, Wolves. Think they'll do well.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Ferguson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

All Rafas fault IMO.

Yep. Most things are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Yep. Most things are.
    In fairness to Rafa it has to be said that he's a very patient man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Essien

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -Beye

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -Viduka

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -Bentley

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Macheda v Aston Villa

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -Liverpool-Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to -Rafael

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -Pulis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I realise it's Premiership awards, but I threw in a La Liga game because it really sticks out for me - drama wise, like that 'Pool v Newcastle game.

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - ESSIEN

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - COLOCCINI

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - KEANE

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - ELMANDER

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - RONALDO v Porto

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - REAL MADRID 3 GETAFE 2

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - EDUARDO

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - MOYES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Keane at Liverpool. All Rafas fault IMO.

No ones fault, tbh it just wasn't meant to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Michael Essien

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Shola Ameobi

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Modric

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Fabricio Coloccini

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Essien against Barca

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - 4-4 Arshavin>>>>>Football

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Seb Bassong

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Royston of Hodgson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Henry. Come home Thierry.

Barton

Deco

Robbie Keane

Eduardo vs Cardiff

Liverpool vs Arsenal 4-4.

Nasri

Roy Hodgson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - John O'Shea

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Rory Delap

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Robinho

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Robbie Keane

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Prolly that Ronaldo free kick goal a few games back. edit - changed my mind - Torres against Blackburn - a thing of beauty.

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool 4 - 4 Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Kevin Foley

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgsen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Stephen ireland

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Bendtner

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Robbie Keane (In Terms of his time at liverpool)

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Robinho

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Glen Johnson (Portsmouth Volley)

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Spurs 4-4 Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Arshavin

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - David Moyes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Fernando Torres

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Joey Barton, though really more of a "I can't believe he's not in prison" award

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Juande Ramos

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Bentley, or Dave Kitson

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -Probaby Essien vs Barca, but I'm terrible at remembering goals

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Nasri, actually, most of Arsenal's youth squad (Ramsey, Wilshere etc.)

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Toss up between Roy Hodgson and Fergie, though maybe Fergie should shade it if United win the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Essien

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to-
    Joey Barton

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to-
    Keane

Bentley

Essien against Barca

Liverpool 4-4 Arshavin

Agree that Nasri will come good. Been impressed with his performances lately. Macheda, Vela etc. also

Roy Hodgson

Wow nobody going for Harry Redknapp at all. Do you realise that the form of Spurs since his arrival if you based his average on 38 games would make them a certain fifth in the league?
    Edit: I see one guy went for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wow nobody going for Harry Redknapp at all. Do you realise that the form of Spurs since his arrival if you based his average on 38 games would make them a certain fifth in the league?
    Edit: I see one guy went for him.

He has had a very decent budget though.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He has had a very decent budget though.
    Still he took over a team with 2 points from 8 games and look at them now. Like they finished 11th last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Nicky Butt

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Keane / pool

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - De Jong

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Torres Vs Blackburn

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Chelsea Vs Pool CL

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - rafael

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Pulis but if Fergie gets the CL, then Fergie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Pretty much all the Boro and Toon squads with a few exceptions

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Deco

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Jo for City

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Chelsea Vs Pool in the Champions League

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Tosic hopefully:pac:

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Paul McShane (surprised he hasn't got more votes)

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Bentley, Nani

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Jo at Man City (looks a decent player since he went to Everton but still looks way overpriced at the money city paid)

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - that one that xavi06 posted up. What a goal that was!

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Villa v Arsenal on St.Stephen's Day.

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Carlos Vela for sure. Ferguson seems to rate Danny Wellbeck very highly too. Reckons he's certain to make it at the top level so it'll be interesting to see how he gets on next season.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Ferguson for cementing his place as the greatest manager in the history of the game. Very honourable mentions to Roy Hodgson and Tony Pulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Collicini

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Berbatov

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Bentley

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Giggs v West Ham

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Arsenal 4-4 Liverpool

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Andrei Arshavin

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Joey Barton
    3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Ryan Babel

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Wayne Bridge

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -Fernando Torres vs Blackburn

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Tuncay (wherever he is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭JCos

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Ribery

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Nani

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Deco or robinho

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Nani again

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Torres V Blackburn

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Eduardo

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Tony Pulis. A win away from a top ten finish is a phenomenal achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Robinho
    JCos wrote: »
    3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Deco or robinho

:confused: Ok I'm genuinely baffled. What did you expect from him in his first season in England playing in a mediocre team? He's the 4th top scorer in the Premier League as a winger.
    CyberWaste wrote: »
    4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Robinho

So what should a team have to pay for one of the biggest names in football?

When the likes of Robbie Keane can command a fee of £20 million then Robinho is certainly worth £12.5 million more than that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

We should have one of these for posts,threads,forum members,funny moments of the season on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Vidic

Heskey/Zat Knight

Sidwell

Bentley

Macheda vs us :(

Arsenal vs Spurs 4-4

Nathan Delfonso

Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Michael Essein

The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Joey Barton

The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Dos Santos

The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - David Bentley

The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Torres vs. Blackburn

The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Arsenal 4 - Pool 4

The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Mexican Pelé

Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Cesc Fábregas

Ryan Babel / Dossena

Deco

Bellamy

Macheda

Liverpool 4 - 4 Arsenal

Macheda

Alex Ferguson (Double Treble)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to -Bosingwa

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -collocini

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -deco

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -nani

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -torres v blackburn

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -liverpool v arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Keith Fahey

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - roy hodgson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Stephen Ireland

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Emile Heskey

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Nicky Shorey

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Dimitar Berbatov

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - John Carew v Stoke

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Everton 2-3 Aston Villa

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Kiko Mascheda/Nathan Delfouneso/Barry Bannan

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Woy Hodgson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Steven Gerrard

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Xisco

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Bentley

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Jo

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Wolfsburg’s Brazilian striker Grafite VS Bayern Munich

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Arshavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to -Essien

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -Any newcastle defender

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -deco

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -Berbetov

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - can't decide

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -Everton v Villa 2-3

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Ardshavin

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - roy hodgson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Gerrard

Lucas

Berbatov

Berbatov

Off the top of my head - Torres vs Blackburn Rovers

Chelsea v Liverpool CL Second Leg

Arshavin