Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of season awards 08/09

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sizzler wrote: »
    Nearly there so might as well get the grey matter trawling through the memory banks, I'm sure theres a truckload more to add but heres a few starters for ten ....

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to -

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to -

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to -

8. Best managerial performance award goes to -

New improved thread :)

9. Worst game you sat through this season?

10. Best moment of the season ?

11. Worst tackle of the season?

12. Save of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

And now to answer my own questions :D

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Stephen Ireland

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - The Duffer

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Bentley / Berbatov, Deco, tough call!

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Winston Palacios

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Ronaldo versus Porto

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Split call Man Utd 5-2 Spurs / Chelsea 4-4 Pool

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Hopefully Macheda but Ashley Young will only get better surely.

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - You would have to say Moyes all things considered.

9. Worst game you sat through this season? Liverpool 0-0 Stoke x 2 :eek:

10. Best moment of the season ? Macheda goal against Villa!

11. Worst tackle of the season? Kevin Nolan on Anichebe

12. Save of the season? Gomes last minute against Giggs at WHL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Andrei Arshavin/Steven Gerrard

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - nani

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Dimitar Berbatov

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Dimitar Berbatov
    5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -Kiko v Villa

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal/ Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Zoran tosic

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgson

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Arshavin/Clichy

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Joey Barton

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Ryan Babel

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Degen

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Essien vs. Barca

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool Arsenal 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Vela

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Mowbray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mayordenis wrote: »

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Degen

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Rooney

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Lucas

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Robinho

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Bentley or maybe Keane at Liverpool

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Eduardo scored a volley with the outside of his foot, cant remember who against

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool Arsenal 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - El Zhar - only joking :rolleyes: Vela but then again, i thought he would play a bigger part this year

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Hodgson

9. Worst game you sat through this season? United v Arsenal at the weekend

10. Best moment of the season ? Torres goal v. Man Unt. - good times

11. Worst tackle of the season? Emanuel Pogatetz V Unt. On Possebon
    12. Save of the season? jussi jaaskelainen V Hull last weekend - great reflexes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Steven Gerrard

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Barton

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Sidwell/Shorey

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Kitson

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Ronaldo v's Porto

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Rafael

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Pulis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Pighead wrote: »
    1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Stephen Ireland

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Andy O'Brien

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Deco

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Andy Johnson

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Macheda v Villa

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool v Chelsea CL semi 2nd leg or Liverpool v Arsenal 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Danny Welbeck

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgson

Yeah, I agree with nearly all of that. Welbeck will overtake Macheda imo. Unbelievable talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Fernando Torres

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Barton, can't believe he's a player full stop!

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Deco

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Robbie Keane

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Ronaldo v Porto

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Liverpool v Arsenal 4-4

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Could go to any of the very talented young players at Man U, all depends on who gets games. Macheda, Wellbeck, Fabio, Rafael, Possebon

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Roy Hodgson (I'd give it to Fergie if he brings us CL success aswell)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - TORRES

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to -RONALDO , Move already.

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - KITSON

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to -ALVES

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to -ESSIEN -v- Barca

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was -CHELSEA -V- LIVERPOOL CL

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to -MICHEAL KIGHTLY

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - HODSGON

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

1 - The "Wish he was in my team" award goes to - Essien

2 - The "I can't believe he's a premiership player" award of the year goes to - Barton I can believe he's a c*nt.

3 - The "I thought he would do better" award of the year goes to - Bently maybe I was stupid to think that

4 - The "I cant f**king believe he cost so much money" award goes to - Too many WTF football inflation

5 - The "Andy Gray take a bow son" goal of the season goes to - Torres' vs Blackburn take a bow son, take a bow.

6. The "Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle" game of the season was - Chelsea4-4 Liverpool CL

7. The "one to watch for next season" award goes to - Rafael Da Silva

8. Best managerial performance award goes to - Hodgson/Ferguson I can't decide

Advertisement