Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband & Alarm Monitoring problem

Options
  • 18-05-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I changed to Magnet a couple of months ago. Because of have alarm monitoring I had to get one of their technicans €150 to call out to set up the connection with my alarm monitoring. This was completed and I was assured all was ok. I recently had an annual maintenance check from my alarm company who noticed that the link between my phonline (with Magnet) was not working. Despite numerous attempts from both parties to resolve the issue, they cannot find a solution. Has anyone else had a similar problem and could suggest a solution please:confused:

Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

larry1 wrote: »
    I changed to Magnet a couple of months ago. Because of have alarm monitoring I had to get one of their technicans €150 to call out to set up the connection with my alarm monitoring. This was completed and I was assured all was ok. I recently had an annual maintenance check from my alarm company who noticed that the link between my phonline (with Magnet) was not working. Despite numerous attempts from both parties to resolve the issue, they cannot find a solution. Has anyone else had a similar problem and could suggest a solution please:confused:

Many thanks.

If you PM me your account details I can get the guys to help you through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Hi Larry, I'm considering changing to Magnet now that it's finally avaialble in Ranelagh. I too have a monitored alarm and I'm wondering whether Rory was able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Since this only came up yesterday, I'd doubt that it's been resolved by today.

I would suggest dumping the monitored alarm, as a pointless waste of money, and just get the broadband from Magnet (or whomever). I'll never understand why people waste money on monitored alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

jor el wrote: »
    Since this only came up yesterday, I'd doubt that it's been resolved by today.

I would suggest dumping the monitored alarm, as a pointless waste of money, and just get the broadband from Magnet (or whomever). I'll never understand why people waste money on monitored alarms.

I had two break in's and on both occasions hit the panic button instantly and Gardai were down within 3 mins, wouldn't have happened without the monitoring. Monitored is the only way to go, can't understand why people have alarms that just ring out and annoy neighbours :confused:

Hi Larry, I'm considering changing to Magnet now that it's finally avaialble in Ranelagh. I too have a monitored alarm and I'm wondering whether Rory was able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction?

No feedback yet, will keep you informed.

• Advertisement

No feedback yet, will keep you informed.

Our guys are trying to call you. PM me if you have not got the call before 4 today.

Our guys are trying to call you. PM me if you have not got the call before 4 today.

Many thanks. I got a call today and looks like its going to take a cordinated effort between Magnet & alarm company to solve the problem together on site. I will keep you informed.

Many thanks Rory:)

Many thanks. I got a call today and looks like its going to take a cordinated effort between Magnet & alarm company to solve the problem together on site. I will keep you informed.

Many thanks Rory:)

No problem Larry, good to see that everything is moving along. As a side note; this really is not the norm. I personally have put through dozens of these with no problems, but as Larry can no doubt testify, the chain can break once in a blue moon.

Advertisement