Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable garage for a service?

• 18-05-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

I need to get the motor serviced and was wondering if any of ye could guide me in the right direction?

Its a Honda Civic 1.7 diesel,and I'm looking for somewhere who'll do a decent job and isn't gonna rip me off.
    Is there a particular garage that'd be suited specifically to Hondas?

I'd be grateful for any feedback and advice.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭flan59

You wont get ripped off if you ask the cost prior to the job and find out what is being done for that money. The days of leaving in the car and paying without question is long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

flan59 wrote: »
    You wont get ripped off if you ask the cost prior to the job and find out what is being done for that money. The days of leaving in the car and paying without question is long gone.

Well asking for the cost of the service beforehand goes without saying really,I'm more looking to find a garage that I can be reasonablly confident will do the job required for the agreed fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've been going to Tony O'Byrne on corner of John's Lane/Newgate Street for years and he's very good. A gentleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Davey Duggan in Railway Square, top job, top price

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wellbutty wrote: »
    Davey Duggan in Railway Square, top job, top price

Never got a service from him but got the car kit fitted there - good work. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

heffernans cleaboy road

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

PS: See here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackdrel

man in subaru garage is really good and wont rip u off ,, andy is his name and my son needed work done and he did it for him at a real good price..

Sully wrote: »
    PS: See here

Cheers for that, a very useful little list there.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and gals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭road_high

1.7 Civic, they're unusual here. Must be a UK import, nice car mated to diesel I'd say.

• Advertisement

mfitzy wrote: »
    1.7 Civic, they're unusual here. Must be a UK import, nice car mated to diesel I'd say.

Yeah it's a UK import, it's a nice little motor and a nice car to drive.

O'neill motors in ferrybank wont rip you off either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Lad just up past the Mansion house pub is good also. O'Briens motors I think is the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

went to that o byrne lad a couple of hrs ago coz of the recomendations on here. seems sound. they should move somewhere else tho. cars all over the place!

Advertisement