Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late...

Options
  • 18-05-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I was offered a mature student place for a degree but I have to achieve a HC3 in honours maths, is it too late to register for the exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

i believe it is too late to register for the leaving this year as an external student. the details are on www.examinations.ie

do you specifically need a HC3 in the leaving cert or will an equivalent standard do? For example last year, some of the colleges ran mathematics exams in august after the leaving results came out which were higher leaving cert standard. These were for students who had got the points for courses but had not got say a HC3 in maths. Would your college accept this exam? I suppose it's too late to register for A-level maths?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ring Athlone tomorrow morning and see.

Phone: (0906)442702, (0906)6442703, (0906)6442706
    Fax: (0906)442709

The website says:
    Applications will not be accepted from 14th February 2009 other than in very exceptional circumstances and on payment of a late fee of €49.00 per subject in addition to the normal fee.
    Entries for subjects with a practical, oral or project component will not be accepted at this stage.

They still might take you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks guys!

Advertisement