Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good places on a monday night?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

so im 18 today and i am looking for a good place to spend monday night with some friends. i have heard good things about 'capitol bar' on georges street and fibbers, what would everybody recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

21 on Dolier street is good for a cheap night if you're not too fussy on music. Something like €1 in with the flyer from their website and €3 all drinks. Haven't been in a while myself though. Bondi does something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Capitol does cheap cocktails.
    Stay away from Fibbers its a hole.

Try Porterhouse Temple Bar usually has a band on Mondays and good atmospheric place

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

Zatman wrote: »
    Stay away from Fibbers its a hole.

that seems to be the general thought of the whole city.

we went to doyles which was dead, all the college kids are doing exams so we then went to dorans. again it was kinda empty but it was still great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Since I'm too late to help:

Happy Birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

What sort of music are they playing downstairs in bruxelles these days?
    Any stone roses, joy division, good music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

banquo wrote: »
    Since I'm too late to help:

Happy Birthday.

and i thought macbeth finished you off.:p thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

What sort of music are they playing downstairs in bruxelles these days?
    Any stone roses, joy division, good music?

Playing the same music as they have done for the last 25 years. Some nights more speed metal than others somenights more emo affiliated stuff than you want. But still a big smattering of Stone R etc.

Advertisement