Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone getting DNS errors on eircom Kildare area

Options
  • 18-05-2009 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭

I am getting a lot of DNS errors on my PC. Between 11pm and 12pm last night, I could get a web page to open but once I jumped to another I would get DNS errors and "unable to load page". Even happened with google. This kept happening until it resolved itself at 12pm. Today, it has begun again. Took me a few trys to get into boards.

Got rid of eircom router for a netgear one about 2 months ago and it has been stable. No record of error on the logs of the router but I don't think it will record that. When I go to the router page I can see that the connection has dropped. DSL sync line connected at a good point close to incoming from eircom. Reconnects on it's own a few seconds later. No other PC on the network at the time.

Anyone else with these problems. Do not think it is within my network or phone line connections.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Damien360 wrote: »
    I am getting a lot of DNS errors on my PC. Between 11pm and 12pm last night, I could get a web page to open but once I jumped to another I would get DNS errors and "unable to load page". Even happened with google. This kept happening until it resolved itself at 12pm. Today, it has begun again. Took me a few trys to get into boards.

Got rid of eircom router for a netgear one about 2 months ago and it has been stable. No record of error on the logs of the router but I don't think it will record that. When I go to the router page I can see that the connection has dropped. DSL sync line connected at a good point close to incoming from eircom. Reconnects on it's own a few seconds later. No other PC on the network at the time.

Anyone else with these problems. Do not think it is within my network or phone line connections.

There have been other posts about Eircom DNS being flaky these last few days. Switching to OpenDNS has helped a good few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Damien360

Sorry,

Missed the thread already open on this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055567231

Advertisement