Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM 2009/2010

Options
  • 18-05-2009 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Well lads,

A former FM addict coming back for one final hit. I've a new laptop and a whole summer with nothing to do (FM is the ultimate recession breaker).

When is the game for the 2009/2010 season released, or would I be better off getting the one out now? Finished my college exams in 2 weeks!

This decision could be the end of me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

The new game won't be out till late October/early November. That's when they are usually released. I'd get the one out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

Really, I seemed to remember them coming out in the summer. Ah well, what will it set me back? €30-40?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

googlefan wrote: »
    Really, I seemed to remember them coming out in the summer. Ah well, what will it set me back? €30-40?

should be able to pick it up somewhere for less than €30. that's what i got it for right before christmas (at HMV i think). definitly not worth waiting at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

Brilliant. I assume the quality has gone up a good bit in recent years? I last played the 2006 version.

googlefan wrote: »
    Brilliant. I assume the quality has gone up a good bit in recent years? I last played the 2006 version.

It's very hard compared to the 2006 version. Long gone are they days of purchasing a striker who gets you 50 goals a season. AI is vastly improved as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just finished my exams so its FM time!

Got it for £15 on sendit, good price :D

http://www.sendit.com/sendit/9996931.product

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Make sure you download the updates/ patchs. Otherwords you'll be dealling with a constant flow of injuries.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When was the last patch released?and does steam download them automatically?

When was the last patch released?and does steam download them automatically?

9.3.0 released March. STEAM should have in automatically downloaded and installed. You can check by starting a new game. It will ask you what database you want to use and 9.3.0 should be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I think CM 2010 is goig to blow FM out of the water and do what FIFA did to PES. It will be release in September

Heres one new feature

CM Season Live™

CM Season Live™ is an exciting new feature coming to Championship Manager 2010 - a series of updates that allow players to experience the entire 2009/10 football season as it unfolds. The first Season Live™ will be available from October 15th 2009.

Each monthly update features full information for 49 competitions across 10 European countries containing all the scores, league standings, and competition placings for every club and full player info including signings, scorers, average ratings, major injuries and bans

To give an example of how these will fundamentally affect your experience of Championship Manager, cast your mind back to the end of last season, when Alan Shearer was appointed Newcastle manager. He had just 8 games to turn their fortunes around and save them from relegation.

Unfortunately for Newcastle, it wasn’t to be. Picking up just 5 points from their remaining games resulted in relegation.

But how would you approach the same situation?

Imagine taking charge at that point, with all results, bookings and injuries reflecting real life, even a players’ games/goals and average rating all accurate and in line with real world football. That is the opportunity that CM Season Live™ offers.

With 6 monthly updates available throughout the season, from October 15th, you can start your game & take on the managerial hotseat from varying start dates as the season progresses, and try to change your club’s fortunes for the better. Of course if you wish, you can still start from the beginning of the campaign, or from any other update point.

CM Season Live™ is about offering players a huge choice of gameplay and will radically alter their experience of football management

Video links :http://www.gamereactor.co.uk/grtv/?id=4194
    http://gamereactor.co.uk/grtv/?id=4210

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'll believe it when I see it. Always felt championship manager was far inferior to fm

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

i love football manager..but shud i get champ man this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ji4john

It was announced today that it will be released on the 30th of October. Can't wait :D

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=article&newsid=3395

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

i love football manager..but shud i get champ man this year?

No, definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sirmoff

ji4john wrote: »
    It was announced today that it will be released on the 30th of October. Can't wait :D

http://www.footballmanager.com/index.php?p=article&newsid=3395

I always think of purchasing FM as money well spent, as for the amount of money spent on the game could never come near the time spent playing it.! You'd spend twice as much on a night on the town! And have nothing but a hangover!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

I have champman and i tell ye now its nowt compared to the last 3 fms.The interface is very confusing compared to fm-It has some good points like prozone,which i must say is class but as a whole it isnt up to fm level.Phosphericacid-fm all the way my friend;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Selohesra007

fm10 will probly ruin my leavin cert:mad::mad::mad::mad:..... oh well!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

fm10 will probly ruin my leavin cert:mad::mad::mad::mad:..... oh well!:D

god knows it ruined mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

Liam O wrote: »
    god knows it ruined mine ;)

Same here - back in the day when it was just Champ Manager 2002, tried to fit as much study as I could around 6 hours of it a night.

Sure I'm still standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

I already have FM 09. Would it be worth my while buying FM10? :cool:!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I got it yesterday and think its worth getting.
    The new feature that i really like is Staff meetings to discuss player training etc. Then team meetings before matches to show you what areas your team have advantages/disadvantages against your next opponents.

The sideline shouts are cool aswell. The new interface is better aswell but the bright white colour hurts my eyes, so I downloaded a different skin

Advertisement