Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6220c SMS support

• 18-05-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

My 6220c only supports 4 sms messages, thereafter it switches to mms - what's up with that? incredibly annoying, surely it must support more then that - all my old symbian phones support anywhere from 10 to 20 sms messages so i cant understand why this one would be so different..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do you mean you can only send to up to 4 receipitents (excuse my poor spelling) at once with SMS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I think he means writing long messages. Don't know why it switches tbh. I suppose the theory is that if you're writing a long message an mms would be cheaper but that doesn't apply if you have free sms. Do you know if there's a way to override it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Or do you are sending that many real long texts?

If you are using non standard characters they will account for more space used than standard gsm characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

its nothing complex, basically when writing standard sms i can only write 160x5 and anything past that switches to mms which i don't want and was never a symbian feature until now. which sucks balls as i have free sms. if there's not way to override it then i'm going to have to sell it already - i regularly needed to send messages 10-15 messages long on my n70, which wasn't any problem.

Advertisement