Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxis in dublin city centre sat nights?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

hi,
    just wondering how easy is it to get a taxi on saturday nights in dublin city centre around midnight or into the early hours?
    trying to book a hotel and it suits better to be out in stillorgan but party is on in temple bar, worried i'll have trouble getting back out to hotel afterwards. ive bad memories years ago of standing in the cold for hours at a taxi rank waiting for a taxi on a saturday night :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

You'll have no trouble at all - there's usually lines of them on Dame Street. Things have changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Dont bother standing around town. Walk towards your final destination and get a taxi coming back into town. Always works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

you'll have no bother at all, loads around at all hours, from temple bar if you cross over to the northside quays, you'll get one coming back into the city centre easily, got one there on saturday at 2.45 in about 30 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

We've more taxi's in Dublin City now than there are in New York City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

roccabella wrote: »
    ive bad memories years ago of standing in the cold for hours at a taxi rank waiting for a taxi on a saturday night :(

Those days are long gone :)

You'll have no probs getting a taxi from city centre to Stillorgan.
    I don't know South Dublin that well but I've read here that walking along Leeson St outbound is a good way to get a taxi.

I do much the same on Amiens Street when going north, works every time.
    Not that I need to do it but the option is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Be warned that you will still have to queue at a rank if you go to get a taxi just as the clubs close. If you walk a little the direction you want to head you should grab one easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Call 8202020 for 20% off the metered fare.

I'm waiting for 8505050.

Advertisement