Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 message pop-up on Windows Mobile 6.0 phone

• 18-05-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I recently moved to an o2 account from Vodafone. I use a Windows Mobile 6.0 phone and find that roughly every 30 seconds I get a pop-up with a message "Never lose your SIM contacts even if you lose your phone....".

If I press ok on the message it appears again in another 30 seconds. Does anyone know how to remove this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This is a service from o2 called the backup service. Im not sure why it is popping up like this. Can you give a bit more info on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Not sure if there is much more i can add. Once I turn on the phone part of the mobile device it starts to appear on the screen. It takes up the whole screen with a message "Never lose your SIM contacts even if you lose your phone with O2 SIM Backup. O2 SIM Backup allows you to backup your SIM contacts to www.02.ie. for more on this service visit o2.ie/sim or go to O2 SIM Backup in the O2 Menu of your handset."

At the top of the screen is O2 Menu but when I click on that it brings me to the Windows start menu. I looked around the settings on the phone but don't see anywhere I can disable the notification. Also if you don't press ok to the message and leave the phone for say 5 minutes you then have 10 pop-ups that you have to acknowledge.

I'm intending to port my number from Vodafone but haven't done this yet so i don't have access to any online settings.

You wont be able to change anything online. Its probably a handset issue. If you put the sim into another phone, you will see the message once only i would imagine. o2 may be able to turn this notification off for you, but im not 100%.

Thanks, I will probably ring tomorrow to port the number. I'll make sure to ask about the notification as well. It makes the phone almost unusable at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

There must be some software installed on the phone, if you cant find the settings.
    Try and remove the program that is making the pop-up.

• Advertisement

I already cleared the phone of all applications. It only happens when I insert an o2 sim, not any others, and I don't see any o2 programs installed. Really have to wonder why o2 need to put these messages on a SIM card :mad:

Have you rang them yet? They have windows mobiles on their network so it must be fixable. Just ring ans ask them. Its not going to be a program that you can uninstall from the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

THis comes up everytime I put my O2 SIM into my K800i. It's a nuisence piece of "software" (or whatever it is) that's on some of the SIM cards.

Very odd that it keeps popping up for you though. Mine keeping popping up unless I click yes. Are you just clicking no each time?

I haven't rung o2 yet because I'm off to Scotland at the weekend and didn't want to risk having any problems with my phone. I'll let everyone know what I find out when I call them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sammiel54

i have just bought a sony ericsson 510 and have the same problem. rang o2 and they said nothing they can do? did you sory it. driving me mad!

• Advertisement
Advertisement