Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VIERA NeoPDP panasonic question

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Big Moe the 50" V10 on your site states that it only has an MPEG2 Decoder, while If I look at the E version on the Komplett site it has the MPEG 4 Decoder, is it the UK one your stocking?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

we stock the UK model with the freesat tuner. off the record, the V10 is currently working with MPEG4 DTT. Officially (according to Panasonic) it doesnt have an MPEG4 tuner

big_moe wrote: »
    we stock the UK model with the freesat tuner. off the record, the V10 is currently working with MPEG4 DTT. Officially (according to Panasonic) it doesnt have an MPEG4 tuner

Hi Moe am I correct in saying that the UK model only has UHF and Not full band VHF, so if your still watching Analog UPC your not going to be able to watch any Analog channels? I've checked the V10B manual and it only refers to UHF

Hi Moe am I correct in saying that the UK model only has UHF and Not full band VHF, so if your still watching Analog UPC your not going to be able to watch any Analog channels? I've checked the V10B manual and it only refers to UHF

yes thats correct, only UHF. sure with analogue you'd be wasting the TV! minimum of digital tv

yes thats correct, only UHF. sure with analogue you'd be wasting the TV! minimum of digital tv

Yeah I know but still want basic analog UPC, how come there isn't an L version of the V10 like the G Series? You might ask the panny rep when your on to them, I take it Panasonic won't allow dealers to stock the E version of the set?

how come there isn't an L version of the V10 like the G Series? You might ask the panny rep when your on to them, I take it Panasonic won't allow dealers to stock the E version of the set?

Panasonic only modify some of their range to work in Ireland. They only make an L version of certain sets that they think will sell. There just isnt the market here to modify all their sets when you look at the total amount sold.

Its not that they wont allow the E version, but the logistics of getting it here, and then having some people who would prefer the Freesat version etc would just be major hassle. again, it comes back to is the effort worth it from a business point of view

Ah Its a bit lazy on Panasonic's side I've read on other sites where they disabled freesat on the E version unless you select Germany as the locale, if people are going to head up north to buy V10's surely there is a market for them here, so they need to cut their pricing to dealers here in the republic and make it more desirable by including a VHF tuner, I'm sure it's easy to just swap out the tuner on the B sets to suit our requirements. Anyway they probably see Ireland as a small market, which is a shame :(

Anyway they probably see Ireland as a small market, which is a shame :(

thats exactly why we dont get the full range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'm thinking about getting the G10. It's down to 999 with free glass stand and 5 year warranty at my local Panasonic store. Reviews seem excellent too.
    Only concern I have is I've read about flickering on the G10. Anyone have any experience of this?

Ta,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

moz wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting the G10. It's down to 999 with free glass stand and 5 year warranty at my local Panasonic store. Reviews seem excellent too.
    Only concern I have is I've read about flickering on the G10. Anyone have any experience of this?

Ta,

Haven't noticed anything on my G10, really happy with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

cubix wrote: »
    Just copped an Ad on the telly for this TV, are they all there cracked up to be and is anyone on here using one?

Thanks

Yes it is. I highly recommend you buy it. I'm extremely happy with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

TX-P42G10L in HARVEY N. for €999 today

amadain wrote: »
    TX-P42G10L in HARVEY N. for €999 today

not being cheeky here or anything (mods, feel free to delete etc as you see fit) but i work in alliance electric and we've had that TV at €999 for about a month now so i dont see why that Harveys deal is anything special...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AvidIrishReader

not being cheeky here or anything (mods, feel free to delete etc as you see fit) but i work in alliance electric and we've had that TV at €999 for about a month now so i dont see why that Harveys deal is anything special...

adam

Lads, does anyone know if the L32G10 has a USB port too? On 'Which?' magazine, the review is mixed about this and it's not clear if the 32" has this option. (I know it's in the 37" and 42".)

sorry to disappoint you but none of the G10 series have usb.. infact, no tv in panasonics entire range has usb. their blu ray players have usb and this is how panasonic recommends you connect usb devices

• Advertisement

adam

Folks, got an email from Amazon last night. They are doing specials on Panasonic range of LCDs. The L32G10 is going for £550stg and they will deliver to Ireland.

and they will deliver to Ireland.

no they wont. try it, add it to your basket and try go ahead with the transaction. they wont ship any Freesat product outside the UK.

also, you have to pay the irish vat difference on the tv (3.5%), which brings the price to £574 without shipping. thats €640 (as of todays rate) without shipping, that tv can be bought for €669 with us and is also available in other outlets. (mods, hope im not too close to the bone with that)

adam

no they wont. try it, add it to your basket and try go ahead with the transaction. they wont ship any Freesat product outside the UK.

also, you have to pay the irish vat difference on the tv (3.5%), which brings the price to £574 without shipping. thats €640 (as of todays rate) without shipping, that tv can be bought for €669 with us and is also available in other outlets. (mods, hope im not too close to the bone with that)

adam

Thanks for that. You might like to know D.I.D Electrical in Blanchardstown (Dublin) had it for €605.00 on 30 December.

I bought this specific model in Armagh. It was a bit pricey, but they delivered it to me and it arrived as scheduled. I wanted the Freesat because I want to cancel my NTL account, as picture quality is very erratic with the foreign channels.

Thanks for that. You might like to know D.I.D Electrical in Blanchardstown (Dublin) had it for €605.00 on 30 December.

are you sure about that? its a really good price, i just rang and checked with them and they say that they dont stock that model.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

I've spotted this thread too late to be snipping etc.

Please feel free to take discussion of bargains etc to the Bargain Alerts forum - this thread is quickly turning into a pi$$ing contest on who can find the cheapest price with some dubious posts which suggest baiting. Please heed this notice, further posts along these lines will be deleted and futher action taken if necessary. If you have any queries in relation to this, please do not post on the thread, send me a PM, in line with the Dispute Resolution rules which you can read here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055749888.

The original question on this thread was

Just copped an Ad on the telly for this TV, are they all there cracked up to be and is anyone on here using one?

Feel free to continue this thread on the technical details, freesat, MPEG4 impressions etc.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

<SNIP>

Mod Comment:

Please read my post above - Any further posts on price etc. will be deleted.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

just quick question - G10 panny doesn't have USB slot, how you can update the firmware then to be able to receive DTT ?

the irish ones receive dtt now fine. if a change is needed it can be done Over The Air (OTA) or i'd image via the SD card slot

i just checked panasonic.co.uk site, but there's no firmware update for 50G10 ? where did you got it, folks?

what firmware update??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

There is an update for UK G10 models only.
    Details and FW are on AVforums:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/1078415-g10-firmware-1-612-uk-only.html

thanks ongarite

Advertisement