Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHICH SAT NAV DO YOU PREFER ..POLL

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭topdost

Polls at time of post

TOMTOM 15 31.25%
    GARMIN 31 64.58%
    NAVMAN 0 0%
    MOBILE SOFTWARES 1 2.08%
    Sony 0 0%
    Snooper 0 0%
    EBAY CHINESE NAVs 1 2.08%

Polls at time of post , hence proving the point what everyoe said Garmin is best for ROI

TOMTOM 15 28.85%
    GARMIN 35 67.31%
    NAVMAN 0 0 0%
    MOBILE SOFTWARES 1 1.92%
    Sony 0 0%
    Snooper 0 0%
    EBAY CHINESE NAVs 1 1.92%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭mossie

silverside wrote: »
    in very simple terms

Navteq = Garmin = MSN Live maps

Teleatlast = TomTom = Google maps

Not quite. TomTom maps are Teleatlas but not exactly the same as Google, no Townlands for one thing whereas google maps does have them, albeit not necessarily in the right places sometimes.

SO which NAV uses google maps.

mossie wrote: »
    Not quite. TomTom maps are Teleatlas but not exactly the same as Google, no Townlands for one thing whereas google maps does have them, albeit not necessarily in the right places sometimes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

topdost wrote: »
    SO which NAV uses google maps.

None of them. Google do not create maps, they just make use of other peoples maps.

• Advertisement

Ok so thats means

Tomtom is not google maps??

robinph wrote: »
    None of them. Google do not create maps, they just make use of other peoples maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I think this is just a popularity contest, I've a navman and it gets me where I want everyday and I cover k's of mileage a week.

Well yeah you are right in a way ..... because its all about where you go and who covers it

Navman ot a lot of people comments,

But Garmin is doing ok on Polls but people have issue with processing times o the same time

JJJJNR wrote: »
    I think this is just a popularity contest, I've a navman and it gets me where I want everyday and I cover k's of mileage a week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You are correct , this is a popularity poll and should be titled "which GPS do you like best" and as such has little value here .

Thats a good one but , lot of people dont uderstand gps they just call sat nav ad sometime only company names like tomtom

sharkman wrote: »
    You are correct , this is a popularity poll and should be titled "which GPS do you like best" and as such has little value here .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

topdost wrote: »
    Ok so thats means

Tomtom is not google maps??
    Tomtom and Google both happen to use the same supplier of the source maps for their products, what they do with them after that is a different matter entirely.

Oh Ok

So is your point is google is better the tomtom but same time tomtom has same maps as google but not as much defined ............?

robinph wrote: »
    Tomtom and Google both happen to use the same supplier of the source maps for their products, what they do with them after that is a different matter entirely.

Polls at time of Post

TOMTOM 16 28.07%
    GARMIN 37 64.91%
    NAVMAN 1 1.75%
    MOBILE SOFTWARES 2 3.51%
    Sony 0 0%
    Snooper 0 0%
    EBAY CHINESE NAVs 1 1.75%

Voters: 57.

TOMTOM 16 25.40%