Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keats Personal Response

Options
  • 18-05-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi, Im struggling with a personal response essay to the poetry of keats does anyone have any sample essays that could help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance ! :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I don't have a sample one but I can provide you with a few tips if you like?
    I am pretty adept at poetry, especially personal response.

The golden rules of personal response essays are

1. Read the question over and over again before and during your planning and actual writing to ensure you are answering the question asked.
    2. Use I statements as often as possible, without boring the examiner.
    3. The use of feelings and indirect emotions such as "horrifying" "horrified" etc can help to fill space :D (but stick to the point!)

I hope this helps some what.

Oh, and for it to be a good personal response you have to be highly opinionated. For example I despise Mahon, I think he is egoistic and self-pitying. I have done out essays about him and got A's and B's merely because they are very opinionated. :pac:

Advertisement