Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to move NTL router?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi, I have recently switched from BT to NTL.

When NTL came to install the new service I was at work and my wife had them install the modem/router/phone downstairs next to the main TV. This is all well and good, however, I have a PC in one of the upstairs bedrooms that I use to play games online. Playing on a wireless connection is useless as the signal is poor.

I have TV connection points setup around the house that I have put in myself. I am pretty sure this is against the terms of NTL's service. I was wondering is a just a case of moving the modem/router/phone to the upstairs bedroom and connecting it there and it will work?

Ideally I would like to have my phone downstairs and my modem upstairs next to the computer so I can connect directly to it using an ethernet cable.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Just a note. When I had BT broadband it was through the phone line so it was just a case of splitting the phone line and leaving the phone downstairs and taking the modem/router of the new connection in my room. NTL however, are using the TV line to transmit the signal for the broadband.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement