Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity shop North Kildare

Options
  • 18-05-2009 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a charity clothes shop in Leixlip/Celbridge/Maynooth I can leave some stuff into? I really don't want to give to those 'reputable' collectors.

Edit - sorry, don't know what happened with the thread title there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Title fixed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

There's a charity shop at the Greenfields SC in Maynooth. Think it's SVP. There's a Mrs. Quin's on the Main Street in Celbridge too.

And you're right about those 'reputable collectors'. Check the stickers that they provide - they are waste collection agents not charities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

most charity shops throw out 70% of the stuff that is left into them. It may be an idea to give it to St Raphaels in celbridge for their annual fair/fete/sale of work thingy. Best cause in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks everyone. Will follow up on your suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Mullins07

most charity shops throw out 70% of the stuff that is left into them. It may be an idea to give it to St Raphaels in celbridge for their annual fair/fete/sale of work thingy. Best cause in the area.

We have a lot of childrens toys in good condition that we would like to donate rather than destroy. I see from the article here http://www.leinsterleader.ie/local-notes/Celbridge.5307421.jp that St. Raphaels have a shop in Celbridge.

Do you know if they would want these items?
    Maybe someone has contact details for the shop?

I had a quick Google but found nothing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement