Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I do?

Options
  • 18-05-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I went for a couple of interviews earlier this year. I was offered a job after one particular interview and I took it. I've started work in this new job just a month ago.

However, one prospective employer still hasn't gotten back to me, but I know I did well in the interview. They should have an answer by the end of this month as to whether I was successful or not.

I'm just looking for opinions on this. Where I'm currently working (only been there a month) , it is a temporary, maternity leave cover position. I had to move location to work here. I'm not that happy in it, but a job's a job.

Whereas, by contrast, it would be a permanent job in the other company (assuming they say yes to me) and closer to where I used to live. Also, I liked what I saw there when I went for the interview.

If they say yes to me, should I take this job and resign my present one? How do I say it to my boss as I've only been there a month and they are pretty busy? I've never been one to do this to someone, in fact I would be a pretty loyal person, but I feel that I would be happier in this other job if it were offered to me. It's keeping me awake at night.

Any opinions would be welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OP reading your post and the one word that stands out is "loyal". Do you think that your present company would be loyal to you? i.e. John is has been a loyal worker all this time... but we have to make his position rudundant. John thanks for all the effort but we will need you to leave! You need to do what suits you not them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Couldn't agree more. Do whatever makes you happy, not them.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

and also temporary job is... temporary job. you should take permanent if you have chance.

Advertisement