Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.D

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Are these really struggling. Took a trip in the other day, all their stock seems to be the old stuff, and quite expensive. Currys and Harvey Norman had all the latest stuff and cheaper then the older. D.I.Ds add is a bit rubbish too, they said they beet their competitors prices by 200%, sure how can they do this iff they dont have the stock that harvey or currys has

Comments

Last time I was in DID was a long time ago. I went in looking ot pick up a DVD Recorder (talking about 3 years ago) as they had a pretty decent one at a great price (for the time).

Thought the place was pretty good and the guys had a good idea what they were talking about.

Went in another time and realised that the reason i had a good experience is because that's all the guys know. TVs and DVD related stuff and they knew it. Computer, Washing Machine, Cooker, Fridge, etc. and they hadn't got a clue (on numerous occassions). I think they're good where TVs are concerned, but other than that, I'd be in no rush to get into their store again. I prefer Harvey Norman to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 drog5920

the guys working there arent terrible like, but its really obvious that theyre just sayin g what their higher up guys are telling em to say. went into harvey norman in drog and the young lads on the floor knew more about the computers then the management, they understood what they were saying aswell which made my life a hell of a lot easier. I was told to get 2gb ram with dual core processor in DID, the harvey norman guy, told me that I could get a 4gig toshiba with all the extras eg warranty, anti virus and their I.T Helpdesk which might I add is excellent, all for the price of the 2 gig laptop the guy was trying to flog me in DID. The salesman even loaded he anti virus and downloaded sopcast so i could stream the rugby. Aswell as all this he was a local lad and him, a young dubli guy and a young english guy were haveing a bit of a slagging match which was quite entertaining and uplifting....Not mad about the adds, and the owner made a show of the company with his comments earlier in the year but hey the prices are good and the staff are better so ill be shopping downunder from now on

Advertisement