Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing piercing

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

guys im sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before but i have to remove my belly ring (which ive had in for 12years) for a surgical procedure, will it close up? or how long before it closes, and is there anything i can do it keep it open?? id be heartbroken to lose it, and now im older and wiser i dont know could i face getting it re done!

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

guys im sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before but i have to remove my belly ring (which ive had in for 12years) for a surgical procedure, will it close up? or how long before it closes, and is there anything i can do it keep it open?? id be heartbroken to lose it, and now im older and wiser i dont know could i face getting it re done!

thanks in advance

Well seen as how you've had it for 12 years, it should be absolutely fine - having said that it does depend on the person, but you'll probably be fine, and if it does close up at all/become too small for the jewellery you can get it re-opened by a piercer. How long do you have to have it out for? I know people who've kept theirs out for months at a time after having i done for only three or four years and the jewellery has gone back in no problem, and my two-year-old navel piercings are always fine for a few days with no jewellery - I've never tried keeping it out longer but I'm sure it would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

thanks for the quick reply lala, i will only have it out for the day or so, but in the future i may have to have it out for a few months. looks like i should be ok.

Advertisement