Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embarassing Problem

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hello Ladies, not sure if Im posting this in the correct forum, so feel free to move mods. Have a bit of an embarassing problem, have spots on my bum, Ive had them for a long time but Im getting quite annoyed and paranoid about them now. Im going on a long sun holiday this year and I dont want to be covering up the whole time so people wont see them. So just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of the damn things or is it best to just go to the doctor and get perscribed medicine for them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Dont pack a thong!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Maybe try some discreet suntanning on the area might dry them up. That's what worked when I had them on my back - 3/4 days of sun and they were faded.

So pack a thong, and maybe wear it early in the day, and throw a sarong on (is that what yous women call them?) later when people start arriving to the beach/pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm pretty sure there are clearasil shower gels on the market somewhere which might help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Exfoliate to dry them out and use a bit of fake tan over them... nobody will notice!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hydrochortizone (sp) €4 or so for a tube in any chemist, it's a steriod cream, works wonders for anything like that.. there are 2 brands on the market that I know of, get the blue one..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

xzanti wrote: »
    Hydrochortizone (sp) €4 or so for a tube in any chemist, it's a steriod cream, works wonders for anything like that.. there are 2 brands on the market that I know of, get the blue one..

Can you buy hydrocortizone over the counter in Ireland these days?

Hmm interesting.

*cancels order from states* ;)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Can you buy hydrocortizone over the counter in Ireland these days?

Hmm interesting.

*cancels order from states* ;)

Yep, it's great stuff isn't it.. nectar of the gods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jeemojney

try quinoderm cream - make sure it's the 10% Benzoyl Peroxide one, I found the 5% didn't work

it'll sting for a few mins. but I reckoned that's how I knew it was working, best thing I've ever tried (and I've tried them all, creams, roll-on lotion, antibiotics etc) for clearing up spots

gl

Quinoderm is really more for Acne, I think spots on your face and spots on your a55 are 2 different things, I could be wrong but the problem on you're face is caused by over active sebum glands, we don't have these on our bums.. It sounds more like a rash that the OP has..

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I know sunbeds are not very PC these days, but my friend had a big issue with spots on her back (lots!!). The doctor suggested she do a few sunbed sessions (this was a good fews years ago). I think she did about 3 and they cleared up big time. It will give you abit of a base for the holiday also!!

You should make sure you're not wearing too much man-made fibers which won't allow your skin to breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

xzanti wrote: »

Is it ok to be used for spots? I have the red one...I had to use it for a keloid on a piercing, and it was a miracle, but didnt know it could be used for spots :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Not sure if it works for spots, but by jesus use it sparingly if you do use it. Steroid creams thin the skin (permanently) with excessive use.

+1 on cotton knickers
    +1 on a few sunbeds

When you're on holidays, if you get in the sea, make sure you shower off the salty water with fresh water and preferably keep your bum dry all the time (i.e. don't lounge around in wet bikini bottoms)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Yeah, I was wondering, I didnt think it should be used as a regular treatment for spots because of it's effects.

Also, sitting down for long period of time can contribute to spotty bums, makes them sweat a bit. So avoid if possible :p

I use it any time I have a breakout and my skin seems perfectly fine after it.. I don't lash piles of it on mind you..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's only 1% anyway, it's not going to do you any lasting harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

can that quinoderm cream be bought in most chemists?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jeemojney

Tupins wrote: »
    can that quinoderm cream be bought in most chemists?

think so, i've bought it in several different chemists over the years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

The spots the Op refers to might be the sort that you get on parts of the body that see friction.

OP, try using a body scrub, or exfoliating mitt daily for a week or so, but not to the extent that you make your skin sore. It might unclog the pores enough to clear it up, assuming its that type of rashy type spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

The spots the Op refers to might be the sort that you get on parts of the body that see friction.

OP, try using a body scrub, or exfoliating mitt daily for a week or so, but not to the extent that you make your skin sore. It might unclog the pores enough to clear it up, assuming its that type of rashy type spot.

No, Ive tried this and it doesnt seem to work. I think Im going to try the cream that xzanti suggested (Hydrochortizone) and see how that works out and if that doesnt work, Ill be giving everything mentioned here a try:) Thanks for all the advice by the way.

Advertisement