Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big problem with FM2009

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

hey guys,hope someone can help me.Just came to the end of a season and as soon as it hit 6am 1st july the game stops and a warning comes up that it will have to close!!

Any ideas why this happened??how can i fix it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Have you got the latest updates/patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

no ,usually wen i get the game i start in the lowest leagues and bull on through til the new version comes out then buy the new and start again!!

i thought patches were for updating squads etc which i wouldnt usually need cuz anyone i know (ronaldo,gerard etc)would be retired by the time i could afford them!!!

ok rambled on a bit there!!

So i just need the newest patch??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

well patches also sort out any bugs, if you load the game through steam you can just install any updates from there.

This may not be the solution though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Reinstallation might solve it, its really a matter of trial and error. Try anything you think might make a difference or any ideas you read by googling and I'm sure it'll eventually work. You might have to start a new game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

You could also try holidaying past July 1st. No idea why but sometimes when the game gets it knickers in a twist, holidaying allows it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

i got the last patch and had a holiday past the date and it now works fine,no need to start again,also dont know which one solved the problem:)!!

Thanks all!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Dozyart wrote: »
    i got the last patch and had a holiday past the date and it now works fine,no need to start again,also dont know which one solved the problem:)!!

Thanks all!!:D

yeah, that was a known bug with the release version afaik. at least i've heard about it in lots of other places. one of the many reasons they had to release a patch on the first day :rolleyes:

Advertisement