Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical violin lessons in the Celbridge area

Options
  • 18-05-2009 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,
    I've been looking around the last while like a mad woman for some violin lessons! Am 21, and looking to start doing some exams, preferably the ABRSMs.
    I have a background in Irish traditional music since I was about 7, but have been well out of practise for the last five years, and also would need to learn musical theory, as have very limited of it. Would absolutely love to learn classical.
    If anyone in the Celbridge/Clane/Maynooth/Leixlip/Lucan area are teachers, or know of anyone that teaches, I would love to hear from you!!!
    Thanks a million!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Will send you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jack123456

Dear Greengreengrass,

Did you manage to find somebody to teach you the violin? I am also looking in the same area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newtogame

I have been teaching violin for the past three years. Pupils sit ABRSM and RIAM grades. Lesson slots available for Friday evenings and Saturdays. All ages and standards welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

If you're interested in learning theory for the next month (i'm off to Czech in September) separate to violin lessons,
    I just finished second year Bmus in Maynooth and I major in composition, so I'm pretty handy with theory.
    I'm based in Lucan, so give me a pm if you're interested.

Thanks,
    Ben.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jack123456

Hi newtogame,

Where are you based? What are your rates?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newtogame

Jack123456 wrote: »
    Hi newtogame,

Where are you based? What are your rates?

Hi Jack,
    My rates are 16euro for half an hour. For 14 weeks up to Christmas (with 31st of October off) I am charging 224euro. I have lesson times available at 12.30-1.00 and 3.00-3.30 on a Saturday morning! You can write back to my email @ mabee12@hotmail.com. Please put VIOLIN LESSONS as your subject!

Thanks
    Emma

Advertisement