Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coal bunker into dog house

Options
  • 18-05-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

I'm adapting a coal bunker and turning it into a dog house. I'm relatively inexperienced at DIY, especially roofing etc.

The coal bunker sits at the back of a car port. The roof of the car port is covered with corrugated iron which slopes down towards the coal bunker, so the coal bunker constantly fills with water right now. I'm proposing to fit a wooden framed roof at 30 degrees, covered with roofing material such as mineral roofing. The roof will be on a hinge at the back so I can lift it to clean out the dog house.

My question is, how can I seal the back of the construction from water seeping down the concrete wall? Also, it is very windy, so water could easily be pushed up the 30 degree slope and down the back of the construction. See red dot in attached picture.

Is it possible to attach something to the concrete wall, like rubber flaps (think mudflaps for a car or similar) or maybe even attach some more mineral roofing to the concrete wall and have that overhang onto the roof??? Any suggestions?

dogshed.jpg

Comments

Advertisement