Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to renting

Options
  • 18-05-2009 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a (potential) owner occupier, as my circumstances may change in teh near future and I'll need to rent out the second bedroom of my apartment. Had a quick search here but couldn't find what I was looking for, is there a thread (or handy website) as to what I need to do to become one (i.e. a lease contract etc)?

many thanks for this lost (and panicking) homeowner!!

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Have you checked Daft? They Have a house sharing section.

My friend is trying to rent out a spare room in his house (both himself and his partner went let go recently). He's finding it hard to get anyone interested. His trouble is that he's in a bad location so people aren't interested in anything nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Under the rent a room scheme, there is no need for a lease or contract, however, personally, I tend to draw up a fairly informal one, so that both parties know what they are paying for, any additional costs etc, as well as what I pay for (eg tenant pays pro rata gas, esb etc, landlord pays tv licence, management company fees etc). PM if you would like a rough draft of what I use, and can send it to you.

Advertisement