Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where will i do a HDIP in Primary school teaching?

• 18-05-2009 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I want to do a HDip in prmiary school teaching in the north or in england,
    Can anyone reccomend the best colleges to go to , I heard London is good ,also manchester,
    I am not sure have I missed any deadlines yet.
    I am not sure how to go about applying for a course, is it through the colleges own website?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Pangea wrote: »
    Hello all, I want to do a HDip in prmiary school teaching in the north or in england,
    Can anyone reccomend the best colleges to go to , I heard London is good ,also manchester,
    I am not sure have I missed any deadlines yet.
    I am not sure how to go about applying for a course, is it through the colleges own website?

in the north there will be st marys, probably the main one. the university of ulster might do one aswell.

wouldnt be to sure about england sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

St. Mary's and UU Coleraine do it but it's near impossible to get on - every person from my graduating class in '08 who applied didn't get in. Teaching is the career of choice in NI and there has been some talk of suspending intakes for a couple of years as the place is awash with teachers!

England is your best bet, a few of my class went to Manchester to do it. As far as I know you apply directly to the colleges concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

pow wow wrote: »
    St. Mary's and UU Coleraine do it but it's near impossible to get on - every person from my graduating class in '08 who applied didn't get in. Teaching is the career of choice in NI and there has been some talk of suspending intakes for a couple of years as the place is awash with teachers!

England is your best bet, a few of my class went to Manchester to do it. As far as I know you apply directly to the colleges concerned.

maybe the people in your class were just stupid lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Ease off on the smart and pointless remarks regob, we've had this conversation before.

Advertisement