Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Waterford that would have ducks or drakes?

• 18-05-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows of anywhere in Waterford (or not too far from) that sells ducks and drakes, preferably khaki campbell ducks or male mandarin ducks? This season if possible, if not last years.

Many thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,
    I'm not sure about this but seemingly there's a Farmers' Market on Sundays in Myshal & you can buy hens etc at it. Not sure about the ducks though. Try this link to the Waterford Food Producers' Network. Perhaps someone there might be able to help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 v2rs1111

Did you try the Jade House? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

myshal will have ducks on the last sunday of every month. try www.irishfowl.com too they sell ducks also pehaps not the exact breed you require but i'm sure they can point you in the right direction:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Thats brilliant - thanks for the info aboyro and fishy1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

my brother in law used to sell ducks and things. Ill ask him does he have any of the ones yous looking for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

Thanks very much seanybiker, that would be great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

well there, you mighten belive me but you can order duck hatching eggs off ebay and they have mandarins on auction right now and loads of auctions for the khaki campbell breed just type duck hatching eggs ,the only con is you need an egg incubator for the eggs to hatch in but after that step they rear themselves once they have access to food and water simple

Advertisement