Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops to buy video cam lenses

• 18-05-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Anybody know if there is shops in Ireland that sell or order video camera lenses for prosumer cameras?

I only found one shop on Georges St that does lenses.

Looking for Raynox XL-3000 to be precise, would order it online but delivery, customs, vat and all that nearly doubles the price...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Recently bought a "prosumer" camcorder myself and the best place definitely seems to be eBay and usual online outlets, though I would imagine any half decent camera shops in the city would be willing to order one for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ciencin

Recently bought a "prosumer" camcorder myself and the best place definitely seems to be eBay and usual online outlets, though I would imagine any half decent camera shops in the city would be willing to order one for you.

You'd be surprised, I checked camera shops in Blanch and city centre and so far nobody orders lens unless its a shops brand lens (ie sony lens from sony shop).
    Guess its back to ebay..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ciencin wrote: »
    You'd be surprised, I checked camera shops in Blanch and city centre and so far nobody orders lens unless its a shops brand lens (ie sony lens from sony shop).
    Guess its back to ebay..

Ironically I was going to suggest Blanch's camera shop (in the centre) as that's where I got my canon camcorder. You'll probably save money on Ebay anyway...

EDIT: Behold my new toy

0F01768F9C034E5B812F9E22C800FAB9-500.jpg

(yes, that is dust all over it after just a few days)

Advertisement