Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballymany Mews, Newbridge

Options
  • 18-05-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know anything about this particular part of newbridge?
    was pricing up apartments in the area, and the prices seemed a bit too good to be true, was wondering was it a bit of a no-go area or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Ballymany Mews are in a nice area, but they're pretty old at this stage. I was born in the adjacent estate 30 years ago, and they were there back then. I doubt they're comparable to a modern apartment, and maybe this explains the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

TBH they have always had a bad name. They used to be the cheapest flats in the town to rent and there was always a musty smell in the hallways.

They are in a good area at the top of the town though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

They are in a bad state of repair. Very old and need demolishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

AP QIA

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

There's lots of value out there at the moment I dunno what your budget is but house prices are just as resonable as apartment prices in terms of what you get for your money. I.E for what i paid for my 2 bed apartment last year in newbridge i could now buy a 3 bed semi so just do lots of looking go to showhouse and viewings and get a feel for somewhere, have a look at myhome.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i lived there for a year. its a ghetto. there was a prostitute living above me. how did i know? because i had people knocking on my window asking me about her during the afternoons. got pretty annoying.
    my neighbour was stabbed in the face and leg on my last night there. i was robbed after a couple of weeks, had no double glazing so they got thru the window easily.
    theres some nice people living there and theres also not so nice people. place is falling apart, should be knocked down. its a a kip.

Advertisement