Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong time on received texts

• 19-05-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Just a quick thing that's been bothering me. Every text I get lists its sent time as an hour earlier than it was actually sent.
    e.g. I receive a text now at 00.05, it will say 23.05.

I've looked in settings but can't find where it can be corrected. It's a nokia 2630 by the way. I did think that maybe it was the senders time that was off, but it's the same with everyone who texts me.

Anyone any idea, minor problem I know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Bah, it comes up so often and I can never remember the answer.

Try changing your timezone to GMT+0 and setting daylight savings to yes.

Alternatively if that's how it is at the moment then change the timezone to GMT+1 and turn daylight savings off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Myself and my boyfriend are having the exact same problem with our phones, also both Nokias.

Any clues on how to fix it? I've already tried playing around with the settings but it hasn't worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yep I messed around with the time settings etc but still couldn't figure it out.

I wonder is it the networks fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cashback wrote: »
    Yep I messed around with the time settings etc but still couldn't figure it out.

I wonder is it the networks fault?

Have you tried turning the Auto-update of date & time on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Yep think I tried that, but I'll give it another go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It wont do it on the spot. Probably best just turn it off till you get up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I think I began noticing this when the clocks changed so maybe its due to us being in DST now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

You need to put your time zone to GMT +1. When your phone askes you do you want to update the time click on no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

What phone do you have?

Some phones only show the time programmed into the sms centre number used by the sender, and you can't get it to show the local time in the receiver's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

Regarding automatic update of time on a phone - On most networks it won't work if you don't connect to GPRS. As soon as you connect to any web site from your phone the time, date and timezone will be updated if you have auto-update of time configured.

On Nokia phones you can select "always on" GPRS. On Nokia S40 devices, this is Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Packet data and there you select "Always online" under "Packet data connection". With this setting and "auto update" for time/date, your time should automatically be corrected even if you roam into a different timezone or during the switch between summer and winter time.

Of course this will only solve your text issue if the issue occurs due to timezone being incorrectly configured on your phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement