Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Flight

• 19-05-2009 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Trying to find a cheap flight from Ireland to Vancouver canada for roughly 2 weeks sometime around the end of July/early august. Whats my best approach of finding this?

Would it be worth risking till late and hope something comes up on lastminute.com or would that be unlikely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

your probably not the only one mate, with the amount of irish there you wont be alone. im half thinkin of gettin over to Canada-land some time funds permitted...

look at as many big airports as you can, and maybe even some near by americian cities and travel up to vancover or fly direct from london or amsterdam or somewhere like that... look at the combined costs on that kind of travel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

your probably not the only one mate, with the amount of irish there you wont be alone. im half thinkin of gettin over to Canada-land some time funds permitted...

look at as many big airports as you can, and maybe even some near by americian cities and travel up to vancover or fly direct from london or amsterdam or somewhere like that... look at the combined costs on that kind of travel

im hoping to head over to visit an irish friend over there actually :p thanks for the advice.

This might be a dumb question is it possible to search for flights where you can enter a from airport and leave a to blank eg just show a list of cheapest flights flying out from this airport?

or to do a search without entering a from/to date im quite flexible in dates i can do?

apologises im a novice flyer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 AnotherHelenD

Try http://www.skyscanner.ie.

It allows you to search by 'Whole Month' and from the airport of your choice to 'Everywhere'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 her-in-doors

or try this site- you can also try month long and then narrow searches down by amount of stop-overs. you can't book from this sight but you can then go into individual airline websites. In the 'from' and 'to' section you need to use the airport codes i.e. DUB for dublin and VAN for vancouver. I also set the sales city to DUB so get results in Euro. If it asks you to login then hit the 'login as guest' button.
    I use this site for all flights and find it amazing

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

In case you don't know, Flyglobespan flies Dublin to Vancouver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Can you use them for usit visas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭beemurf

Can you use them for usit visas?

is it not part of the deal with usit that you book your flights thru them too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭techno-allah

www.globespan.com

These guys do cheap direct flights from Dublin which saves you getting a connecting flight. I think they may be sold out of all flights though and they don't have much flexibility in when you fly.

If you can find a cheap flight to Seattle, it's only a 4 hour bus journey up to Vancouver as well.

Looking into getting a cheapish flight there myself for October.

Advertisement