Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can students do student banking at a normal bank?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 12:49am

I am in Leitrim at the moment and not anywhere near a student bank.Applying for a student overdraft.Will I be able to do this at a nomal bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It varies - is this a completely new account? Or is an existing student account in a different branch?

Also different banks will vary. They might insist you deal with your "home" branch, or they might process it for you and forward it on, or could be able to do it themselves. Policies and procedures will vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I am in Leitrim at the moment and not anywhere near a student bank.Applying for a stdent overdreaft.Will I be able to do this at a nomal bank?

Actually, for the first overdraft it often times has to be done in the originator branch. Increases / decreases and so on can be then done anywhere for defo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Go to the branch and ask for the student officer.
    There won't always be one but someone will help you.

For your application, I'd say you will complete an application and they will forward it.
    But for things like this, it's sometimes easier to deal with your own branch
    I didn't know you could apply by phone, interesting
    I am in Leitrim at the moment and not anywhere near .......

Near anything at all?
    That's Leitrim for ya :P

I set up my student account in Carrick on Shannon, well when I was in secondary school.So would this be my original bank or would it have transferred to my NUIG bank when I startd third level?

Thanks for all the help guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you're using the same account number, and sort code as the account you set up in secondary school then it would be Carrick on Shannon. They generally don't transfer accounts from branch to branch :)

• Advertisement

Here's praying that it will be approved.Find out tomorrow!:)

Advertisement