Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Psu?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

hi when i turn my pc on i get upto 10 minutes before the rcd in the fusebox trips.

i have unplugged everything in my room except the pc and various bits (monitors/speakers/bband router)

it used to trip once every few days but now its every ten minutes

could my psu be the cause?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yikes. Might want to swap the "kettle cord" for a replacement, those can short out to a spectacular extent - amazing what havoc a simple piece of cable can cause... :o

Unless you had a desperately awful PSU to start with any kind of critical short would trigger its own protection circuit or at worst blow its fuse. This sounds like a bad cable to me (seen what they can do!)

Advertisement