Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smiley Problem

Options
  • 19-05-2009 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭

Having a problem, when I post in After Hours, my smileys appear as a link instead of the actual smiley.

confused.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

How are you adding smileys to your posts? Are you using the actual text, such as :), are you pasting them from somewhere else, or are you using the buttons on the text editors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Dragging them from the side of the text box, same way i did for the post above, but that seems to be fine.

As far as i remember, I've only tried to do it with the pacman smiley pacman.gif if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Instead of dragging it from the text box, all you need to do is click on the icon and it adds the text automatically to the post.

Dragging it from the text box causes it to be embedded as an image instead of being processed as a normal smiley. If you don't know what that means, don't worry. Just click it in future. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭pmg58

Thanks for that, I know what it means alright. makes sense since images embedding isnt allowed in After Hours.

Cheers.

Advertisement