Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slingbox on Nokia N95 8GB

• 19-05-2009 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I was looking for apps to download to my phone and i read that Slingbox or Slingplayer was a must have. So, I downloaded the software straight to my phone and installed the software successfully.

Now, I'm stuck because I dont actually know how to stream tv to the phone. Do i have to register or pay for an account? Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Mister-M5 wrote: »
    I was looking for apps to download to my phone and i read that Slingbox or Slingplayer was a must have. So, I downloaded the software straight to my phone and installed the software successfully.

Now, I'm stuck because I dont actually know how to stream tv to the phone. Do i have to register or pay for an account? Does anybody have any experience in this area?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
    As far as I know, Slingbox is a peace of hardware that attaches to your cable tv connection and transmits a signal via the internet to a third party pc. I think ya have to buy the slingbox to make this work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

As far as I know, Slingbox is a peace of hardware that attaches to your cable tv connection and transmits a signal via the internet to a third party pc. I think ya have to buy the slingbox to make this work

That's the ticket - you need the hardware and a decent Internet connection. They recommend having at least 256kb/sec upload speed for streaming to a PC. Not sure if you'd get away with less for using it with a mobile.

And you'd better be sure you've got a data bundle on your phone if you're not using WiFi :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You've got the slingplayer, now you need the slingbox ;)

Advertisement