Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can a Xbox Controller be used on PC (Plug and Charge)

• 19-05-2009 2:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

A bit of googling didn't really help me on this one.

So, as the title says, can a Wireless Xbox 360 controller be used as a PC game pad by plugging it into the PC by using the Plug and Charge cable?

Is there any special Drivers or anything?

I have the drivers for the wired Controller and that didn't work so I was wondering if it was even possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

No, not that I know of. For a wireless controller you'd need a wireless reciever dongle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

no sorry you need a like rizzla said a dongle for it.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/749/749090p1.html

old ign review of the dongle itself (according to the review its pretty cheap, but thats in the US, I remember it being a bit pricey when I tried to get in gamestop a few years back, opted for a wired one instead.) Now it doubles as my 2nd controller for my 360 and my main controller for those rare pc games that work better on a gamepad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Nope, you can use either the dongle or the wired plug and play kit cable. I checked it this morning again, and it works.
    You have to let windows d/l drivers first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

CORaven wrote: »
    Nope, you can use either the dongle or the wired plug and play kit cable. I checked it this morning again, and it works.
    You have to let windows d/l drivers first though.

You CAN use the plug and play Charger?

Are you using Xp or what and what did you download?

Thanks

im...LOST wrote: »
    You CAN use the plug and play Charger?

Are you using Xp or what and what did you download?

Thanks

Yes.
    Im using vista. I used the search for hardware thing. I have installed the wireless thing as well, so I don't know if that has an effect on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yes.
    Im using vista. I used the search for hardware thing. I have installed the wireless thing as well, so I don't know if that has an effect on it.

You installed the Wireless drivers and stuff but the actual receiver isn't plugged in and it works?

Thanks for the help by the way.

im...LOST wrote: »
    You installed the Wireless drivers and stuff but the actual receiver isn't plugged in and it works?

Thanks for the help by the way.

Yup.
    no probs, 'tis nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Yes.

Just for the record the plug and play kit doesnt allow me to use the controller in Windows Vista or Windows 7 so it may be something to do with your wireless kit.

Advertisement