Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Collection Companies

Options
  • 19-05-2009 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking a for a bin and recycling collection company in rochestown, cork.

Any recommendations? This is for household rubbish!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I've used Greenstar for a couple of years & find them excellent !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Use greenstar myself also. Find them pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm using Wiser at the moment but will probably change to Greenstar when renewal comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Amateur

I'm using Wiser at the moment but will probably change to Greenstar when renewal comes along.

If you dont mind me asking, why would you make this switch?

Also, your wiser bins, can these be used with greenstar? I ask this as I also have 3 wiser bins (rubbish, recycling and glass) and wondering if I use another company, if I can use wiser bins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Wiser bins belong to the company, with the exception of the bottle recycling bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Been with Wiser, CountryClean and now Greenstar.

Greenstar are by far the best in terms of reliability and professionalism. And they are cheapest.

Only issue with them is they use a wheelie bin for glass. We find we dont put that bin out more than twice a year Id say!

Wiser's little box for the glass is handier.

Amateur wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking, why would you make this switch?

Also, your wiser bins, can these be used with greenstar? I ask this as I also have 3 wiser bins (rubbish, recycling and glass) and wondering if I use another company, if I can use wiser bins.

Price would be the main reason for switching.
    Also, I lost my little glass recycling bin ages ago and I rang them for a replacement and they tried to charge me €15 for a new one! I've been with them for 3 years, always paid my bills on time and they couldn't even give me a friggin replacement small red bin! That left a bad taste in my mouth!

No, doubt any other company will empty bins from another company, even if you are a fully paid up customer with the new crowd.

Just a general question: Does your bin collector leave the bin back on the footpath (or wherever you put it when you left it out for collection)? I'm asking because Wiser are just so bad for that, I mean I leave my bin on the footpath and they empty the bin and just fling it on the road, left to act as an obstruction to cars!
    Seriously, how hard is it to put the bin back where they found it? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just a general question: Does your bin collector leave the bin back on the footpath (or wherever you put it when you left it out for collection)? I'm asking because Wiser are just so bad for that, I mean I leave my bin on the footpath and they empty the bin and just fling it on the road, left to act as an obstruction to cars!
    Seriously, how hard is it to put the bin back where they found it? :mad:

While GreenStar are the cheapest and generally the best, this issue does seriously ANNOY me about them. They regularly fling the bins back onto the footpath alright, but they leave then right across the drive way so when you get home from work you gotta stop, get out, move the shaggin bins and then get back into the car to park it in the drive way. VERY annoying when it is pissing rain. As you say, how frickin difficult is it to put it to the side of the drive way where I leave them out. I think they do it deliberately to annoy people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've been with Wiser for several years in east Cork and I've found them very good; in particular for taking extra stuff on occasion that doesn't fit in the bin. They did leave bins in the road, but I emailed a complaint asking them to talk to their drivers about it, and it stopped.

adam

• Advertisement

I'll communicate my complaint through the proper channels and see how it goes..tis all I can do I guess.

Advertisement