Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How quick are agencies to return deposits?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Me and my gf just moved out of our first place together(rented) and have organized the final inspection for later this week.

I was just wondering is it usually standard practice for letting agents to return the deposit there and then(as we requested this and will be handing over key's then) or do letting agents usually try to put it off?

I'm just trying to gauge what I should expect in this situation?

We're leaving our old place Because of the price(which the wont drop) and rising damp that they did nothing about.

thanks for any replies..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Well we left our place on the 6th May and got our deposits back in full on the 14th May last week. Just my personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

When the agent is sure that all outstanding bills have been paid and the landlord has inspected the property. The deposit should then be returned.

Advertisement