Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most dangerous chocolate cake recipe ever...

• 19-05-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

...and the reason it's called this is because it can be cooked in work, making you only 5 minutes away from a fresh hot chocolate cake any time :D

I haven't tried this yet, but will this week. In the meantime, here is a recipe I got by mail which turns out like chocolate moulten cakes apparently!

THE MOST DANGEROUS CAKE RECIPE
    5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    a small splash of vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Now that sounds good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

On the email I received with the recipe were photo's where someone had actually done it...

Hot chocolate sponge, with a melting middle and two scoops of ice cream LOL...

I drooled on my keyboard :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Taking note of ingredients!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The funny thing is, the recipe was presumably actually taken from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055558689.

It's word-for-word.

Faith wrote: »
    The funny thing is, the recipe was presumably actually taken from here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055558689.

It's word-for-word.

:o

Should have searched first! Was getting drunk for my birthday that weekend in UK so missed Boards for a while!

Sorry folks, thought I was sharing something yummy :) The other posters obviously got the same mail as me...you can see at the end of their post where it says image001 etc, that's the pictures that I was talking about.

• Advertisement

:o

Should have searched first! Was getting drunk for my birthday that weekend in UK so missed Boards for a while!

Sorry folks, thought I was sharing something yummy :) The other posters obviously got the same mail as me...you can see at the end of their post where it says image001 etc, that's the pictures that I was talking about.

Not to worry. Can't have too many reminders of how easy it can be to make chocolate cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The studio microwave is being locked up as I type.

Thank God I didn't say 'Look at this fab recipe I just invented' :D:D

When I go home tonight, I'm gonna make my lunch for tomorrow and measure out all this stuff to bring in tomorrow. I have a large cappucino mug too LOL!

Fajitas, open the padlock...live a little :D

Fajitas! wrote: »
    The studio microwave is being locked up as I type.

If I had cocoa, I'd be making it right now.

/edit: I just checked the calories and it's 950 per serving!! :eek:

If I had cocoa, I'd be making it right now.

/edit: I just checked the calories and it's 950 per serving!! :eek:

Ah that's only half a WW point in my world Faith hee hee hee.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Has anybody ever actually tried making this?

I promise I am going to....tonight!!! Was going to wait til tomorrow but stuff it, I'll do it tonight and report back tomorrow. I'll even try and post a pic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Fajitas, open the padlock...live a little :D

I was debating it until...
    I just checked the calories and it's 950 per serving!! :eek:

And then I looked for a better padlock.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am thinking it might suffer from hot/cold spots. A thick mug will absorb more heat away from the heating mixture. An idea might be to preheat the mug with boiling water. I would also put the mug up on something, like an upside down saucer or bowl.

When I was a kid I used to make microwave cakes from packets and it advised putting on a raised dish to cook more evenly. It did need it since I forgot once or twice and it was not cooked properly at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I have made this cake a few times and it is great. A word of warning, if you overcook it, it has the texture of a bathroom sponge. You want to undercook it so that there is some lovely hot gooey chocolate sauce at the bottom of the mug. In my microwave, it takes about 2 minutes 20 secs. Keep an eye on it. When it has risen over the top of the mug, stop the microwave and let it sit for another minute.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It's word-for-word.

Id say it was more a case of the person who posted that threead copied it from somwehere else as Ive seen this recipe bouncing around fro about 6 years...

Seaneh wrote: »
    Id say it was more a case of the person who posted that threead copied it from somwehere else as Ive seen this recipe bouncing around fro about 6 years...

Yeah, you're right, it was. I just assumed the original had been posted here, but google shows that exact recipe has been circulating since late 2008-ish. My mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mags16 wrote: »
    A word of warning, if you overcook it, it has the texture of a bathroom sponge. You want to undercook it so that there is some lovely hot gooey chocolate sauce at the bottom of the mug. In my microwave, it takes about 2 minutes 20 secs. .
    Yes, the times seem very high. The packet cakes I did as a kid were medium sized proper cakes and took 4.5mins max and that was only a 700W microwave. I also used to start and stop them near the end to allow for conduction.

I have studied dielectric/microwave heating and have experimented a LOT with it for a particular hobby I had. As I said before I think the cup should be preheated, if not differing thicknesses of cups will effect the time needed to heat the mixture as the cup will absorb a lot of heat. This matters more with small amounts of mixtures. My microwave cakes were done in a microwave cake bowl, which was very thin walled so conducted very little heat.

Just this week I microwaved small amounts of minced beef with good results, have to keep stirring it and microwave it to the bare minimum you can, while ensuring it is cooked through. If not stirred or overcooked it will result in dried out hard clumps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement