Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning permission question

• 19-05-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've got a rather specific question. My boyfriend and myself are currently looking at houses to buy, and we sort of fell in love with a place we've seen last weekend.
    The size of the house is grand for the two of us, however once we start a family we might be looking at building an extension to it. The extension would be to the back of the house, making it sort of T-shaped, and we know that you can build ca. 40 sqmeters without needing planning permission, so that's great.
    The only problem is, the house gets its water from a private well, which is behind the house. Any extension we'd build that way would probably end up having to have the well inside the house. And neither of us know if there's any planning restrictions regarding wells, or anything that says the well has to be a certain distance from the house, or cannot be in the house. Would any of you out there be able to advise? Thanks a million in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭mal_1

I would suggest your issue and research should directed away from the planning issues and more towards building standards & public health regulations.

http://www.igi.ie/assets/files/Water%20Well%20Guidelines/Summary.pdf

This isn't your answer but may be the direction you should looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

mal_1 wrote: »
    I would suggest your issue and research should directed away from the planning issues and more towards building standards & public health regulations.

http://www.igi.ie/assets/files/Water%20Well%20Guidelines/Summary.pdf

This isn't your answer but may be the direction you should looking.

Thanks!
    I had read something similar on a well driller's web page already, saying there are no regulations at all about when, where, or who can drill a well.
    Now that would lead me to conclude that there's no mention of it in building regulations either, but you just never know...

Advertisement