Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy small trees in dublin city center?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi guys, i dont know if anyone will be able to help me with this, but its a friends birthday and i really want to buy her a small or miniature tree - something that can live in a pot and wont get huge. my dad used to make bonsai's, and i thought of getting her one, but someone told me they're really complicated to look after (although my dads managed just fine outside in the back yard - think they were just very young beach tree's).

i basically want something that looks like a tree, which can live inside the house. is that even possible to buy? i live in dublin city center and don't have a car, so if anyone knows anything about where i might find something like that please let me know!
    i know that aldi were selling young cherry trees a few months ago, but don't know if its possible for things like that to live long in a pot?

thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

There's a garden shop down at the bottom of Mary Street on the right just before you get to Capel Street. Pretty sure it's called Mackeys. Might be worth your while sticking your head into them. They'll be able to tell you what type of plants will grow indoors for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

thanks dodser.
    i heard there was a bonsai shop in powerscourt town centre, does anyone know if its still there? after looking at pictures of bonsai's online all day i have my heart set on getting one for her now, think it would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

petek wrote: »
    thanks dodser.
    i heard there was a bonsai shop in powerscourt town centre, does anyone know if its still there? after looking at pictures of bonsai's online all day i have my heart set on getting one for her now, think it would be perfect.
    It seems that Bonsai shop was closed but may well be open again now.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59329191&postcount=2

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

Have a look at this site...http://www.gardens4you.ie They sell Bonsai trees there. (Look lovely!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

thanks guys. i gave the bonsai shop a call and they're still open in powerscourt center, so hopefully i'll find something there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement