Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realistic Rent - Galway

Options
  • 19-05-2009 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Living in a nice place at the moment but moving out in 6 weeks or so.

The rent is OK - 550 between me and my GF but the house is pretty cold and id love to have a place with an open fire..

Anyways, GF wants to go back to college next year so i was hoping to get a place by ourselves and was wondering what kind of rent i should be expecting for a 1 or 2 bed place in and around Galway city?

Ive looked on Daft and the prices are all around the 750 - 1000 range - my question is, when it comes to looking at a place and haggling over price, what redcution on advertised prices would be realistic?

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Try; no harm in asking. They can only say no after all. We got the rent here reduced by E20 a week; tiny old cottage he would never have rented else, and it was already well under E100 a week anyways. Many seem to price them high now. We have always got rent reduced by asking ,and this is a very good time to do that.

Advertisement