Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Would you like to See As A Villian in a New Star Trek Movie?

Options
  • 19-05-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

With the success of the new Star Trek Film, I was thinking about where to go from here. What next for Abram's Star Tek Universe? The biggest advantage I can see from completely re-booting the franchise is that they can now pick any villian/character/plotline from the original series and create a whole new story.. So I deceided to pose the question Who would you like to see as the villian in the next Star Trek Movie??

I for one would love to see Khan in the next movie. He is the greatest villian ever in Star Trek. Imagine how cool it would be if they got Javier Bardem to play him.
    Anybody else got any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Denny Crane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Donny Crane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Alan Shore, wait no that would be silly...

...Daniel Jackson, from the Stargate film.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Gorn
    gorn2.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Its all fanboy stuff but I'd love to see a total action film with first contact with the Cardi's and the resulting war, or first contact with the Klingons and the resulting war, or if i really want to go wild... a movie version of Armada 2 with the Cardis, Feds, Roms, Klingons, Borg, Breen, Jem Hadar all just going at each other like a space version of the Battle of the Somme :)

Man I can dream..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

I'd like to see the Klingons in the next movie, I want to see some big tiff between the Federation and Empire and i'd like to see Gary Oldman or someone who can really pull off someone you don't wanna **** with as the captain of the Klingon vessel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Good thread OP.

I think they should steer away from using a sympathetic villain next time around. Examples of a sympathetic villain I guess would be Nero, Sybok, Soran.

This time around have some new superbad villian who poses a serious credible threat (previous examples: Khan, Chang, Borg Queen) to the Federation. Dial up the threat level if you get my meaning.

So im thinking have someone like Philip Seymour Hoffman's character from MI:3. An unscrupulous weapons dealer of some sort playing the Federation and Klingon sides against each other. Has to be an unsypmpathetic villain (no family tragedies!) who is only interested in profit and starting an arms race of some sort. Someone who has the potential to affect the political status quo in the Alpha quadrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Well lets see we've had Romulan miners... how about some disgruntled Klingon window cleaners... who offer to clean the windows on spaceships. The Enterprise discovers that these Klingons are using live Tribbles to wipe their spaceships clean :eek:, as it has long been known Klingons view them as their mortal enemies. This racist bunch of Klingon Window Cleaners has been abusing tribbles for years and committed numerous Tribble rights violations. The Enterprise is sent to Iota Geminorum IV to help protect them, but is attacked by the Klingons, having run out of Tribbles to use as toilet paper who have since sequestered a borg dodecahedron from the future that is running on purple matter that Admiral Barclay invented :eek:

saying anything more would just spoil it tbh. JJ has already agreed with me he will be using it for the next movie. He feels it follows closely the ethos that has already been paved by the current incarnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Since the timeline is now "open" the tempting thing is to do a Borg story. . but how about just good old fashioned Klingons? That of course opens up the augment virus can of worms but hey there's ways round that too Im sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Q

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Slice wrote: »
    Q
    How the hell does that one work? To work Q in as a villian and then to defeat him ... all seems like it would have to be very far-fetched sh!te.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Random wrote: »
    How the hell does that one work? To work Q in as a villian and then to defeat him ... all seems like it would have to be very far-fetched sh!te.

Well they did have God in Star Trek V :rolleyes:

Well they did have God in Star Trek V :rolleyes:
    Pfft ... god .... pfft ... worse Trek film ever the one with god in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I like the Romulans tbh. Their ships are sexy as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Don't forget Kirk has fought and defeated may a god like creatures..Trelane, Apollo, giant super intelligant computers..etc. So it could work (if the script was done right)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Klingons for the movie would be great.

the guys from Prison Break are big bastards. they could be great Klingons.

and Terry Tate shows up to motivate the Enterprise crew

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Don't forget Kirk has fought and defeated may a god like creatures..Trelane, Apollo, giant super intelligant computers..etc. So it could work (if the script was done right)
    Show me the script, prove me wrong! It's a win-win for me really. I'm either right or I get to watch a smashing movie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

I got a pool going on this, i think it should be a back - to - basics Federation vs Klingons story. See if they can work Kang or Kor in there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

I hope theres no borg, what about the sulaban................ ah no im only messing

Klingons would be great, you cant beat a good old klingon v federation battle

chrussell wrote: »
    I hope theres no borg, what about the sulaban................ ah no im only messing

Klingons would be great, you cant beat a good old klingon v federation battle

Christopher Walken as a klingon commander:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Q was the main villain in the very first TNG episode, the very last TNG episode and almost the main villain in the episode where they first encounter the Borg. Of course they could write a script with him as the main bad guy in another film, he doesn't have to be 'defeated' for it to be a good story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Q yes defo Q, with Simon Cowel playing the part!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

It's gotta be the Klingons. They are to Trek what the Daleks are to Who.
    Hmm... Maybe a crossover, the Feds V the Daleks:D

No Q. No Borg.

No TNG era characters or references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Me!!

J.J. can I play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Doomsday Machine

Me!!

J.J. can I play?