Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hons BSc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics

Options
  • 19-05-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I am considering applying for this course for next year as a mature student because its something I am really interested in however I have been a bit weary about it because I am currently in a full-time job and paying back a 13k loan I also will be 32 when I start and 36 when I finish.

On a positive note I am single and don't have any dependents no mortgage etc and 36 is not that old really is it especially if its something your interested in and I should be able to pay off the loan by September 2010 if I put my mind to it

I would like to ask does anyone know anything about this course? whats the pass rate like?and what are the career prospects like?I would also like to know how difficult is it for a student to find part-time work in Dublin these days as I would have to do this.

The thing is even if I do apply for it I may not get it as I don't have the points for it but I do have an ordinary degree in chemistry and I am quite knowledgeable on nutrition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ditmature

Hi OP,

I don't know that much about the specifics of the course, but I can tell you that it is a hugely popular course with Mature Students (in terms of application numbers).

There are 20 places available on the course each year, 3 or so of which are allocated to matures (15%). Demand is very high, so the more work experience / extra information that you can offer, the better.

CAO applications for 2010/11 will open on 1st November 2009, and I would strongly advise you to get yours in BEFORE the dealine on 1st Feb 2010. We will accept late applications, but cannot guarantee that they will be given the same consideration as an application that came in on time, especially for the more popular courses.

Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Turquoise

Vampireskiss - if you're still interested in finding out about the course, send me a private message and I can answer any of your questions.

Advertisement