Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELECTION- No interest or apathy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

old boy wrote: »
    there are massive potholes outside my front gate, they were there before the last general election,

That bit of your post reminded me of something.

There is a house at the end of the road where I'm living.
    Right outside it there are 2 Huge potholes on the road
    just outside the gate of the house that have been there
    over a year now.

Every Car that drives past ends up going
    into them as there are cars parked on the footpaths at either side of the road (being a typical urban housing estate where its all rented houses with 4-5 cars per every 3-bedroom house)

What I thought was kinda shocking and funny at the same time was the poeple that owned the house right beside the potholes were getting their Drive re-surfaced and had a truck of tar-mac outside their gate, it stuck me odd that they could not be bothered asking the workers to fill the holes since they had tons of tarmac and the holes were less
    than 2m away.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bullets wrote: »
    That bit of your post reminded me of something.

There is a house at the end of the road where I'm living.
    Right outside it there are 2 Huge potholes on the road
    just outside the gate of the house that have been there
    over a year now.

Every Car that drives past ends up going
    into them as there are cars parked on the footpaths at either side of the road (being a typical urban housing estate where its all rented houses with 4-5 cars per every 3-bedroom house)

What I thought was kinda shocking and funny at the same time was the poeple that owned the house right beside the potholes were getting their Drive re-surfaced and had a truck of tar-mac outside their gate, it stuck me odd that they could not be bothered asking the workers to fill the holes since they had tons of tarmac and the holes were less
    than 2m away.

~B

They would have legal action taken against them by the local authorities if they had done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

and this
    http://www.newstalk.ie/newstalk/programmes/6/the-right-hook.html
    RE OUR MEPs SMARTER THAN 10 YEAR OLDS?

Which Fianna Fail candidate for Europe doesn’t know who the Minister for European Affairs is? And why do none of Ireland-South’s sitting MEPs know how many countries use the Euro?

These are the questions George was left asking after reporter Chris Donoghue quizzed candidates from the South on the upcoming European elections.The list of ten questions (below) came from a mix of children’s quizzes on the European Parliaments website.

Top of the class were outgoing MEPs Kathy Sinnott (Ind) and Brian Crowley (FF) with 9 out of 10. At the other end were Ned O’Keeffe (FF) and Toireasa Ferris (SF) with 3 and 4 out of 10 respectively. Sean Kelly (FG) scored 1 out of the 3 questions he answered before withdrawing and saying the quiz was an unfair way of judging MEP candidates. Alan Kelly (Lab) and Colm Burke (FG) scored 6 out of 10.

MEP QUIZ

What year did Ireland join the EU?
    How many stars are on the EU flag?
    How many countries joined the EU on May the 1st, 2004 when Ireland held the Presidency?
    What date is Europe Day?
    Which two countries were admitted to the EU in 2007?
    What is the capital of Bulgaria?
    How many countries use the Euro as their currency?
    Who is the minister for state with responsibility for European affairs?Which country currently holds the EU presidency?
    How many EU commissioners are there at the moment?

Answers:-
    1973; 12; 10; 9th May; Romania & Bulgaria; Sofia; 16; Dick Roche; Czech Republic; 27
    poor out of toireasa Ferris considering she apparently teaches european law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Was driving down by Salesians to go over the Shannon Bridge yesterday, the amount of election posters from the roundabout at the school to the end of the bridge is disgraceful. Looks like John Cronins plan is to put three of his posters in a row next to anywhere where there is another candidates poster. :rolleyes:

Also Kevin Kiely is sporting a lot of Hitler taches. Not complaining...:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement