Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ch... Ch... Ch...Changes! (or... not, as the case may be)

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

GuanYin wrote: »
    Turn and face the strange (Ch-ch-Changes)

well yep, but I was trying to make a funnee (and failed I guess:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

copacetic wrote: »
    well yep, but I was trying to make a funnee (and failed I gess:o)

Ohh, I was referring to 6th ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is no meaningful hierarchy within the admins. You cant appeal to a "founder" admin. What we have agreed is that in the event of non-consensus the founders will decide on an issue. (If you think that means they have the "real power"... imagine what this place would look like without Beruthiel, Seamus, Asiaprod, MAJD, Buffybot... do I need to name them all?). And there will be others, we'll need to expand the admins too, just like we have the mods.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭iDontReallyCare

DeVore wrote: »
    There is no meaningful hierarchy within the admins. You cant appeal to a "founder" admin. What we have agreed is that in the event of non-consensus the founders will decide on an issue. (If you think that means they have the "real power"... imagine what this place would look like without Beruthiel, Seamus, Asiaprod, MAJD, Buffybot... do I need to name them all?). And there will be others, we'll need to expand the admins too, just like we have the mods.

DeV.

Every time you write a post on behalf of boards.ie when you go to type "I", think.... and then use "we"

Comes across much better.

You did well in the OP post for once :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

GuanYin wrote: »
    Ohh, I was referring to 6th ;)

You know I'm always watching you, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

... imagine what this place would look like without Beruthiel, Seamus, Asiaprod, MAJD, Buffybot... do I need to name them all?).
    DeV.

Very true, the Smods were a key element in shaping the site and adding to the overall smooth running of boardsie - i remember a distinct improvement in everything from general troll/tard cleansing to answering user queries etc in the month's after the Smods were introduced.

A lot of people over the past couple of days have directed most of the dicussion towards why are they now Admins etc but i just think a congrats is in order. Not because they are now admins, that title is just superficial as they have all worked like Admins for a long time now.

But congrats for taking this extra responsibility on voluntarily and in a way renewing your 'vows' to Boardsie to help out and make it a better place!

/takes off hat to new Admins ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote: »
    You know I'm always watching you, right?

Wow... you're still creepy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nice idea with the smods. That's my cornucopia of input.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Gazza22 wrote: »
    ... and in a way renewing your 'vows' to Boards.ie to help out and make it a better place!
    Jeez, thanks, Gazza, I'm now going to bed with a vision of Reverend Mother Beruthiel in my head! >.<

You're right though ... it comes naturally to boardsies to discuss and question and turn everything upside down to see what its bottom looks like, and without those qualities Boards wouldn't be half the site it is to-day.

But congrats are definitely in order, and best wishes.

And possibly a generous supply of valium! :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jeez, thanks, Gazza, I'm now going to bed with a vision of Reverend Mother Beruthiel in my head!

Did you have nightmares?
    I do hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Jeez, thanks, Gazza, I'm now going to bed with a vision of Reverend Mother Beruthiel in my head! >.<

You mean kind of like a Nun?

A Blue Nun?

ffs!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I get that there are changes. I get that you all have new titles. Or something. It all sounds progressive and positive and worthy and all that.

Its probably not going to keep me up nights, but ta Dev for letting me know.

Oh, and when the revolution comes, remember I was on your side.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Did you have nightmares?
    I do hope so.

It got worse!! :eek:

It got worse!! :eek:

Jesus.
    You've had that on the back burner for two years just so you could whip it out at the most opportune time.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jesus.
    You've had that on the back burner for two years just so you could whip it out at the most opportune time.

that's what she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/sniff
    I miss being able to tell people to go suck my cock in this forum.
    There are somethings about the old style feedback I miss.

... just so you could whip it out at the most opportune time.
    I've always found that a useful approach. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thaedydal wrote: »
    /sniff
    Youve got a penis? Or you keep poultry? Either way Id be pretty impressed.

And i miss the manatees.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sceptre wrote: »
    There's an office. Having visited once, it all looks very officy and professional.
    Terry, would you like a glass of water?
    Yeah.
    Here you go.
    It was fizzy orange. That's what comes out of the water coolers there.
    They have the life.

DeV.
    Not it.

/sniff

For the better as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭iDontReallyCare

/sniff

You should start reading the Oirish Daily Mail.

They miss the old days too. **** at the back of the bus and what not.

Yeah your are old skool. Get over it. It is boring at this stage. Embrace change. Gay is OK now.

The this used to be so cool a place back in the day when you and your mates ran amok is to obvious.

Get over it.

Relax.

Pighead is King.

Fact!!

:pac:

Let us all be buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

don%27tcare.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You should start reading the Oirish Daily Mail.

They miss the old days too. **** at the back of the bus and what not.

Yeah your are old skool. Get over it. It is boring at this stage. Embrace change. Gay is OK now.

The this used to be so cool a place back in the day when you and your mates ran amok is to obvious.

Get over it.

Relax.

Pighead is King.

Fact!!

:pac:

Let us all be buddies.

Old days? Back in the day?

Way back in the olden times of March 2009 eh?

Weclome back Daithi, how have you been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

**** at the back of the bus and what not.

Weak dude, that's racist. We prefer to call them "Native Americans."

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

He doesn't really care,Frada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

orestes wrote: »
    Old days? Back in the day?

Way back in the olden times of March 2009 eh?

Weclome back Daithi, how have you been?

Don't tell me that's DaithiMcgee back is it, the guy who wanted to overhaul Boards.ie overnight.

God help us all.:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

sceptre wrote: »
    There's an office. Having visited once, it all looks very officy and professional.
    I too have witnessed the home of the golden spider hat and the little webcam-robot-gun thing that keeps employees on their toes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Golden Spiders? Robots with guns? Fizzy drinks from water dispensers?

Next it will be Segways to get around the office. I'm telling you lads. This is exactly the kind of tomfoolery that happened at the height of the dot com bubble. It's not all Hackers and Wargames. Knuckle down, wear a tie and send faxes. Lots and lots of faxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Whats a DaithiMcgee?

Advertisement